or Connect

Posts by newbiemama09

ditto on crayons. trains are great! DD has really gotten into puzzles lately, they're a nice quiet toy. how comfortable are you with your kiddo watching videos? i remember taking care of my 2 year old nephew when DD was still a babe and popping in a baby Einstein video really helped when i needed to nurse or keep him quiet. but of course, not all day videos-- just for a few minutes of peace. i think it'd be really helpful to give your oldest a new bag of toys each day....
Quote: Originally Posted by swd12422 Mommy is frustrated. Does this kid need preschool? More (gentle) discipline? More outings/social time with other kids? More intellectual stimulation? More quiet time? Something else? sounds like you just found her nitche! my DD also loooooooooove music and stories, so we go to library story time as well and she has a great time. with toddlers i think the biggest lesson is to learn how to adapt to each of...
wowzers. what a thread. i appreciate all the mom's being perfectly honest about how hard it is and will be. there's nothing worse than being told everything will be fine and don't share you struggles. i love that we can support each other as moms and women who have been there and done that. i must say, though, DH and i are talking about when to have more and it's overwhemling to think about adding another kid on, but i am also so so so excited. i know DD will be a great...
Quote: Originally Posted by RaraAvis Also, if your daughter's nursing schedule is changing that might play hob with your hormones. . . I had really short cycles my first few after stopping nursing my DS i totally bet that's what it is!! DD just started in the toddler room, where she doesn't get BM 2days/week and so i don't pump at work any longer. thanks ladies!
i'm 25 and have been charting for 2+ years. i've always had "longer" cycles, my average lengths are between 35 and 39 days long. my sister and my mother's cycles are the same way. but the last 2 cycles have been the shortest of my record- two cycles ago it was 30 days and this last cycle was 29 days. any thoughts/answers for this? is it just a fluke?
i was wondering this too! DD can now sleep in her own bed, but only until about 1-2 and she wakes up and wanted to put back to sleep. if we weren't so selfish with our sleep we could probably rock her back to sleep and put in the crib, but instead we just plop her in bed with us and she sleeps there. but even then she doens't STTN. and she spend every night with us. i'm just hoping there's "light at the end of the tunnel" or "it's just a phase" and she'll be sleeping in...
here's a question to put out there. anyone used true NFP, what do you DO doing your fertile time?? to be with your partner? DH said we were going to practice true NFP this cycle and just abstaine during my fertile time, but come day 4 of the fertile time we couldnt' wait anymore!
many, many people are just born introverts. they get all of their energy, happiness, fullfillment from being alone. that's just the way it is. as dorky as this sounds, it might help you to take some personality tests (Meyers-Briggs especially) so you can discover your "personality type" and understand how that fits in your lifestyle. for you, it might be just waiting until you DO that that "thing" that makes you feel whole. in the meantime, what do you like to do?...
as sad as it is to admit, my current friends are still the same ones i had in high school and college. or they're my husbands friends also from HS/college. actually, my very best friends are the same friends i had in high school and also my sister, which is awesome that we've had such strong relationship since those days. i have one co-worker who i will see outside of work and hang out, but nothing too serious or deep.
i've decided to commit myself to "do something for myself" each day. i feel like i never get time to myself to do just what I want (or need, for that matter) to keep myself balanced. so i took this commitment up to myself and wondered if any others wanted to join me. ?? i figure i can keep it simple. maybe just taking a walk, reading a book, painting my nails , talking to a friend. hopefully this will get me into journaling again, i used to journal almost every day and...