or Connect

Posts by sharita

This is baby #5 to breastfeed and you'd think i'd be a pro by now but every baby is different and presents new challenges.  Baby is going on 2 months now.  First 2 weeks we dealt with thrush and though it was painful and aggrivating, I had dealt with it before so I managed and we got through it.  No issues with it since.   Then, a couple weeks later as everything seemed to be smoothing out and we were over the initial hump that comes in the beginning, things took a...
Is this going to ruin my marriage?  Sex has become such an issue between me and DH that I am worried now.  I had a uterine prolapse with my 5th pregnancy (to the opening of vagina, not outside of it though) that went MOSTLY back where it belonged after but not quite.  Id say a little like 3/4ths back to where it belongs.  (my cervix)   It didn't really affect our intimacy though. Then pregnancy #6 (this most recent and last one) I had such severe SPD that the last month...
Hi ladies, I have been MIA for weeks now.  No real reason just lost in newborn land.  Also, I can't believe it but for the first time in about 10-11 months, I feel like a normal person again (energy wise)  I can actual keep my house clean YAY! I know DH is happy.  I guess he just thought I had turned into a slob and was never going back.  I was just so beat from the time I first found out I was pregnant to a couple weeks PP.  I just feel awesome now!    Got a cracked...
Ha, I am late to this thread, PM'ed ya Jenni before reading on and realizing you already had a group up, thanks!
This is my 5th baby to nurse and am so very lucky to say I have never had mastitis before or even a plugged duct.  Just battled thrush every time.  Never had cracked or bleeding nipples.  Well today, after nursing for 6 weeks now, when we should be in the smooth sailing zone, I finally examine the breast that has been sore with latching for two days now and realize that nipples is cracked slightly.  Not so deep that it bleeds but enough that it is red and sore in those...
Oh my goodness Jenni, how adorable!!!  He is smiling at the sock monkey ( and at first glance looks like he is holding its hand too)  too precious!!!!
Wow, its gonna take me a bit to catch up after not getting online for a day or so.   So I am battling the thrush now.  It is so painful to breastfeed now I just cringe at the thought of it.  I have been doing gentian violet on myself (and she gets a nice coating of it when she feeds, and miconozole cream on her diaper area and my nipples.  So far, its not working really well.  I just cried yesterday as I held my breast in my hand and babys head in the other but for...
For me, it was like there was an internal switch that changes over my breasts from being sexual part of me to strictly for baby nourishment.  During my pregnancy, for the most part, they were still DH's but one night during about my 8th month, I noticed when he was trying to be playful with them, it just felt icky and I had to stop him.  Something was just plain gross and WRONG feeling.  The very next morning I noticed I was leaking colostrum already so it seems to be...
I have had thrush (though not bad cases) with all of my babies (this being BF baby #5) and I managed.  This time however it is the most excruciating pain and is pretty much unbearable.  I am crying with every feed and she comfort nurses so that is every 15 to 30 minutes it seems (she is 3 weeks old).    I thought we just had a bad latch at first but now the pain doesn't go away after the first initial latch and it hurts deep in the breast even after the feeding. ...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that name!  He is so cute!!!  Congrats!