or Connect

Posts by Kreeblim

Yeah, I know a few people around here that do it in the winter because the air is so super dry indoors.  We have gas though   
That depends on whether the dryer is gas or electric.  Gas dryers vent some excess fumes with the wet air.  It's not terribly dangerous when mixed with outdoor air, but when trapped inside with closed windows it could cause a problem.     With electric dryers, you can vent inside as long you you realize the air can contain over a gallon of water per load and make sure you deal with the moisture.
Depends on your goal.  If the goal is to get them to stop coming to you with these issues, then why not go ahead and tell them "that's why I homeschool."     This is a problem I have with many types of "bellyaching", not just about school, and the universally worst response is usually some kind of solution to the problem.  So for instance, when my mom complains about how tired and overweight she is, and I carefully ask if she's been following her doctor's...
My kids LOVE Headsprout, so we were looking for something similar for math as well.  We signed up for the dreambox trial last night after looking at this thread and today it seems to be a hit.  Since it's new, my type A personality 6 year old has played for over an hour and is almost through with the K level stuff, and is doing bits of 1 and 2 at the same time as finishing up with K.  My laid-back 5 year old tested out of the counting stuff, and is working on some of the...
Hey!  Awesome, I guess I have permission, lol!  Thank you!   So, my 6 year old that I speak of is actually my nephew, but we've had him since he was very young.   I keep seeing the same list of juvenile diabetes symptoms on all the other websites (now that I looked) but I am unclear on whether they can onset gradually or whether it is always sudden.  He has literally EVERY SINGLE ONE but has had most of them for years.  The websites talk about it always being sudden or...
I had never looked into juvenile diabetes, but I just looked it up and I just wanted to let you know that I will be starting another thread with some questions since I don't want to hijack.
My 6 year old has been able to eat more than I do since he was 4 and he's so skinny that he needs to wear a belt on any pair of pants that are long enough for his legs (like, really, even some elastic athletic pants are too loose).  It's unbelievable some days.     We started leaving snack plates out (you can do a web search for "monkey platters" but ours aren't really that elaborate) and it seems to have helped.  We used to do the whole "you can have apples or...
  OMG this is AWESOME!  It will be so much easier to feed the little monsters each day now that I know that frozen tater tots should be classified as a vegetable because we home school!  Those greasy golden potato nuggets were my FAVORITE part of school lunch when I was a kid and we had them AT LEAST twice a week (when it wasn't a french fry or potato chip day)!  They were the perfect compliment to hot dogs (with added calcium in the form of bone chips) and pizza (which...
Super hero signal flashlights?  Here's a tutorial for a bat one:  http://knoxville.skirt.com/themommyhood/blog/how-make-bat-signal   There might be an easier way than that, but at least you get the idea.  It seems like the type of thing that could be completely done ahead with symbols to match the capes, or a craft to do AT the party if you do some prep before.
Here is a cheaper one.  It's available in 3 finishes and costs about 100 bucks with free shipping:   http://www.americas-pet-store.com/merry-products-night-stand-pet-house-cat-washroom-litter-box-cover.html   If you search you can find them elsewhere on-line as well.  My mom has this one and she uses it as a hiding spot, not a litter box.   We have a little windowed sun porch, and we installed a cat door between that and the living room.  In the winter we...