or Connect

Posts by umsh

Get the twin, forget the comments.  We had a full and twin pushed together when we had our twins 2 years ago (amongst many, many other arrangements)...not sure what to do now though with 2 2 year olds and a newborn...
Do you have your birth story posted anywhere?  I'd be interested to read it...
This caught my eye when I went to update my sig, and I had to reply to thank everyone who encouraged me through a rough time. Probably within six months of my post (about age 2.5) things had already changed so much. My girls play together so much of the day now. Yes there are still fights and disagreements and one taking the other's things (one-sided as before), but much less than before. They make up elaborate scenarios and engage in pretend play with each other...
Anyone had a c section with their twins and then a successful VBAC?  The girls were breech bottom baby and transverse top baby so I had no choice about the c section. I can't find too much info about successful VBACs or risks after a low vertical incision. Would love to hear some happy stories! 
Wow, this sounds so much like us!  I don't have much to offer, but thanks to Shuli for the good ideas.  I've been trying to implement those ideas but have found myself extremely impatient since I got pregnant. I am losing my cool too easily with my girls and S's whining and demands never seem to end. And snce we are temporarily living with my parents, she's getting a mixed message since they always give in to her or make me feel like I should ("how can you just let her...
My twins are 25 months old and I night weaned them cold turkey at 22 months.  At first, my husband responded to them when they woke up crying - he would pick them up and walk them back to sleep. If one woke the other or the second one woke while he was still holding the first, he'd bring one to me so we'd each have one.  Of course that isn't helpful for you if you are doing this solo, but the good news is that very soon he completely phased out and it was all me.  When...
I've now had two massage sessions and 3 physio sessions.  Haven't been to chiro yet.  It has helped yes, but maybe it's too soon, or maybe it's because I'm still doing all those things that bring on the pain (ie, tandem nursing lying down, sleeping with them).  I do find the exercises the physiotherapist gave me are helpful to reduce the pain, so perhaps that may help you as well, dgonz? 
When my girls were 19 months old, I started them on a routine of we nurse before bedtime but then we unlatch and fall asleep without being on the breast.  Then about a week ago (they are now 22 months), we started nightweaning - we said we don't nurse again until it's morning.  They wake up still a few times at night and cry a bit but go back to sleep with patting, etc.   That said, I haven't done anything for their naps at all - they still nurse to sleep for the nap...
Thank you mamas!  That is very encouraging...actually, that's really all I wanted to hear, that just b/c they're fighting now doesn't mean it'll last forever :)  It's just frustrating b/c most of my friends are at the singleton toddler plus new infant stage and keep commenting how their toddler loves the baby, blah blah blah, and it's so annoying b/c no one here loves each other too much at present. :)   We have a lot of biting here too, I guess I forgot to mention...
Yes!  I am in pain literally all day long, it just gets either worse or less painful depending on what I'm doing.  I have had scoliosis for years, so it just makes it worse.  Then the di/di twins, then the never ending tandem nursing (still happening), lying on my back to nurse them and them often staying latched on forever to stay asleep...ya, it's been tough.    Yesterday I went to a massage therapist, and she said my back muscles are pulled and stretched out in...