or Connect

Posts by Addie

40w 5d here...
I'm due May 23, so a week from Wednesday. My first was born at 41 weeks, and I'm not feeling any imminent labor signs, so I'm not expecting anything too soon.
Just wanted to add - for anyone else dealing with this problem as well - I read the greatest tip recently. When you're making something casserole-ish to freeze, line the pan with aluminum foil before you fill it. Wrap the foil over the top and stick it in the freezer. Te next day, pull it out and lift the casserole out by the foil. Wrap it with more foil and stick it in a big ziploc bag. you get your pan back that way, the casseroles are easy to store, and when you're...
I've managed to get in a routine where I take them every night before bed. I keep them in the kitchen cabinet, above the sink. Every night I go into the kitchen to get a glass of water to take to bed, and I take them then. I take the Trader Joe's prenatal, no problems with them. I think they're the same as Rainbow Light. 
I had DS there with the midwives in 2009, and I'll be having my second with them in the spring. I had a great experience, personally. It might have something to do with being a patient of the midwives, but there was absolutely no pressure towards interventions. I didn't have an IV, snacked and drank fluids during labor, was able to push in different positions. My L&D nurses were awesome - totally supportive of natural birth, one was even a doula on her own time. I was...
Due May 23, hope to find out the sex next week. 
I've brought DS (newly 2) to both of my ultrasounds so far. The first one was with DH and he was fine. The second one was on short notice (due to bleeding) and DH was out of town, so it was just me and him. He was fine then, too. I didn't think to ask if it was ok, but no one batted an eye and the receptionist gave him a toy from a basket behind the desk, so it must not be unusual. This was an ultrasound center at the women's hospital where I'll deliver.    He'll...
Check with your hospital and your midwife. Here, the standard stay is two nights after the baby is born, I think it's three nights for c-section moms. I think that's a combination of both hospital and insurance policy. But, it seems pretty easy to get an early discharge. You just need to have your OB/midwife sign off on you, and your pediatrician sign off on the baby. We'll probably do that this time, and I don't see it being a problem, because our midwives are based in...
My advice to any mom would be to get a crib you can afford, and at least you have it as an option. We bought a pretty fancy bedroom set for DS (convertible crib, low dresser, high dresser). It was our first "real" furniture purchase, so it was fun. It's really well made and we'll have it forever, and the design is very classic and not at all "babyish" - so it can live on  as his furniture, our furniture, guest room furniture, whatever.    My personal anecdote - we...
Wondering if any of you are dealing with spotting during this pregnancy. I had spotting off and on during my first pregnancy, mostly during the first trimester, as I recall. This time, I spotted for about a week around 6-7 weeks, and it has just started up again (10.5 weeks). I had an ultrasound last week and everything looked fine, so I'm not overly concerned - but I still wish it weren't happening. My midwife said that about 20% of women have spotting during pregnancy,...