or Connect

Posts by carrieb26

I'm a late-comer to this thread  - I'm honestly no very good at participating, since my online time is hit or miss, but I enjoy reading what is up with other mama!   Carrieb26 - Carrie - 11/16 - #3, planning a home birth
sounds fun - why not?
  I am fortunate to have a good relationship with both my parents and MIL.  both live 3+ hours away.  It was helpful for me to have my mom and dad around for a few days after birth, because my mom actually Did stuff - cooking, dishes, laundry, played with older kid. MIL, not so much, because she brought along her lump on a log husband (love him, but man, all he wants to do is sit around and watch TV or talk theology), and the 4 kids of theirs still living at home. ...
I haven't read through the rest of the comments yet, so I might be repeating some things.   The return of fertility postpartum, while breastfeeding varies a lot from woman to woman.  There are some, like me, who's cycles didn't return until almost 2 years.  There are some who, even when breastfeeding exclusively, co-sleeping, no pacifiers, etc. have their cycles return within 6-8 weeks.  I think average for an exclusively breastfeeding on demand woman is 14...
Thanks for the reply!   My I saw my chiro last week. He has some experience  w/ pregnant women, and he did some adjusting that relieved things, at least until I popped something out lastnight.. :(  I might be making weekly visits at this rate. If it turns out my chiro isn't as effective as I need, I do know one that is well regarded with pregnant women about 2 hours away.  might be worth the trip if I'm really hurting.   I have been slacking on exercise for the...
I've been thinking about creating a "birthing binder" for my self/husband.   I'm concerned that we'll forget to do some things once labor starts and would like to have a central location for info.  I tried to do this  on my computer last time, but that was totally not convenient.   Things I'm thinking to include:   Instructions/reminders for when labor starts - things like turn up the water heater, prep the bed, get stuff out, phone numbers to call (MW,...
95% of the product must be organic to be able to claim that it is "organic"   Carrie
I just posted about this in the I'm pregnant folder - I'm 11 weeks, and have been having clicking and ocassional pain at the pubic syphis, my lower back, and just general discomfort.  My DH thought I was nuts since, hey, doesn't relaxin only kick in towards the end? nope, dear, apparently it peaks around 12 weeks.  who knew.  walking and steps are generally okay.  it's mostly when I spread my legs( riding our ATV,  getting out of the car, or chairs) or sit unevenly (legs...
I'm 11 weeks.  I started having occasional twinges a few weeks ago, and started noticing some clicking feeling/sound whenever I would turn over in bed (moving legs separately).  This reminds me of the last several weeks of my previous pregnancies. Walking flat and going up steps doesn't seem to hurt, but walking up a hill caused everything to feel uncomfortable.  reading round the internet suggests SPD or PGP or whatever it's called.    ETA - I haven't exercised...
I didn't mean to abandon my own thread - I need to figure out how to automatically subscribe to the threads I start!   If I were having twins, I would want to know ahead of time.  Where I am, to my knowledge, there are no docs that will vag birth twins, breach, or vbac. I called last year, just for info from the local hospitals, and all of them within an hour or so of me are the same way. Rural area, not many options.  The concern over a potentially unnecessary c-sec is...