or Connect

Posts by carrieb26

Reading through some other threads got me thinking about what makes a "safe" midwife.   I used a particular MW for my last birth, and am thinking to use her for my next, but some of the reasons that I liked her might be things that others would consider "not safe."  I guess I'm having some second thoughts, even though I prefer her over the other mw I interviewed. They are the only two that serve this area, AFAIK.   So, for you, what makes a MW "not...
Interestting book!  i've been on the look out for something similar for my previous two births.  I just never had the drive to make my own. :)   CArrie
  My experience was kind of the opposite - I am a christian who wanted a christian midwife, and all I could find were midwives who were not christian. I felt very conflicted about it, and it caused me to seek out a different midwife by the time my second pregnancy rolled around.    I think it is proper to mention it to the prospective midwife that she is concerned about how their different beliefs might impact things.  If she has specific concerns, she should mention...
I did transfer with my first, for prolonged labor/failure to progress, and concern about exhaustion. That was after 20 hours early labor and 36 hours of active labor at home. Went on to labor for another 8 or so hours at hospital including 2.5 hours pushing.   I feel fortunate that our transfer went as well as it did.  Not a lot of hostility, even though we had no prior contact with the hospital before the morning we transferred.  There were some interventions that...
Still not on the list apparently - quoting my first post, #64    
I'm not really having morning sickness.  My appetite has decreased, especially in the evenings, but for the most part, no food aversions, nausea or vomitting. The same was true for my first two pregnancies as well.   Carrie
Looking for leads on a pediatritian or family doc in the IA/IL/MO tristate - Update: any where in the three states, but close to Quincy, Macomb, Hannibal, Kirksville, Burlington, Iowa City would be nice. Chicago, STL, KC are all options for us, - really anywhere in the three states.   We are non-vaxing, intact, bf, cosleeping, homebirthing, so someone who would be receptive to that would be great.  
It's hard not to tell!   We usually don't tell anyone IRL until about 12 weeks.    In the past, we've devised a fun or cute way to share the news with parents.I think with #1 we just called on the phone, but with #2, I got a big sister shirt for the girl, took some photos and had her makes some cards for her grandparents.  They all got the cards about the same time.  It was a fun thing to do.   Instead of telling now, this time I'm trying to come up with the...
Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of options - the CPM I interviewed already, and the mennonite midwife I used, and the two midwives from the first birth are the closest.  Anyone else is 2 hours away, and that just doesn't seem feasible with two children in tow for pre-natals.    I guess I feel like I'm being over picky, maybe. Or that I want some combination of the midwives -as in the attributes I like from each rolled into one person!   Whether it should or...
So, I've been thinking about this for a long time.  Would home birth midwives think of me as a flaky client, since I've had 2 different midwives for my first two births, and I'm thinking about trying to find a different midwife for my third birth?   First birth, had excellent prenatal care throughout by a midwife and her partner.  Labor was long, and we transfered for pitocin augmentation.  Birth at hospital went fine enough - pretty low intervention, and really, a...