or Connect

Posts by Xavismom

My heart goes out to you. We have struggled with poop witholding with our 3.5yo DS. He constipates himself because he does not want to go. I thought we'd conquered it, because he hasnt done it for a few months, but this last week he started up again.   Today was his 6th day with no poop, and I felt like it was an emergency situation. Probably much the same way you are feeling. I went to a health food store, got him some kids digestive enzymes, and some bach flower...
I would say its pretty normal. My 3.5 yr old has been pretty much exclusively playing with his angry bird toys for about 6 months now. His other toys are not getting used, but I figure he will probably play with them eventually, and even if he doesnt, its nice to have them for when his friends come over to play.   I will say I am pretty tired of playing angry birds with him though!! This kid lives and breathes birds. EVERYTHING is angry birds for him. :)  
Nettles tea and bone broths help me a lot. I am nursing my 3 yr old DS, and he is a heavy nurser! I agree with lots of PP too, especially the B vitamins. Good luck Mama :)  
This makes me think of something a Mama friend of mine said once. She says she imagines her kids have a 'love tank', and that when their tank is running 'low', thats when she notices that they are acting out, are out of sorts, or that she doesnt quite feel connected to them. So she spends time with them, doing things that make them feel loved and attached, to fill their 'tanks' back up.   This actually makes perfect sense to me, and I noticed it with my son. For my...
We battled with this for about 2 years. Here is our story for anyone interested.   DS got his teeth really early, about 4 months. We did what we were supposed to, cleaning them with the little finger brush. His teeth started to look bad pretty quickly, showing brown spots. At first it was just the two front top teeth, but it spread after that to the ones next to the front one, so the top 4 were affected.   I absolutely did NOT want to put my 1 year old under for...
skycheattraffic, I really love your idea about a playdate with one of his PLed friends! My goal this week will be to get together with some of his friends that would not be shy about using the toilet in front of him. DS has always been one of those kids that see another kid doing something, and then he wants to see if he can do it too. Thanks for the great idea!   jmarroq, I will be looking for those videos, thanks! We did try stickers at one point, but he really...
I just ran across this thread randomly, and I could NOT BE ANY HAPPIER to have found it!! My DH does not have aspergers, but is high functioning NOS. I don't have the time right at this minute, but when it allows I will be reading this thread in its entirety, and joining in.   Seriously happy to have found this!  
I would be happy to share some of my favorites :)   Two photos, both taken for a World Breastfeeding Week fundraiser, taken in the same location. First photo is 8 months old, second photo is 2 years 8 months.     Some other random favorites of a happy kid, more nursing, and some Dad & Son babywearing.                 Some of these were taken by a very lovely and talented local photographer, who specializes in nursing...
I've been reading up a lot on poop witholding and late PLing because we are struggling with both, and I read somewhere that at this age (my DS is also 3) the poop should be similar to the consistency of hummus. HTH.  
My son will be 3yo this month, and he is not even a tiny bit interested in using either his potty, or the toilet. I guess I'm looking for "BTDT and it worked out fine" stories, advice or ideas.   Heres a little background info, I think some of these may be contributing to his avoidance of it.   *He does not care when his diaper is wet or poopy. He tells me he actually likes to wear a poopy diaper, and sometimes he gets upset when I change one.   *He was in...