or Connect

Posts by Xavismom

My DS was actually doing this exact thing for a while. Every time he wanted ME to draw cars. So we tried some new things, they worked, and he gets really excited about them now. We do collages. I flip through an old magazine, grocery add, anything with pictures, and he tells me which ones he likes. I cut them out for him, put glue on the back for him, and he places them on a piece of paper himself. When he's done placing, I give him some markers to draw on it. He...
I'll chime in, feel free to disregard anything I say, I know each child is unique :) This is just our experience.   My DS will be 3 yo next month, he is still nursing at night. And he does have some significant decay in his front teeth (he is actually getting some dental work done in two weeks, after trying to heal his decay for over a year we finally give up) His dentist does not think nursing has anything to do with the decay, and there is actually quite a bit of...
I'm a non-mormon, and I grew up in SLC. There is an 'outcast' feeling to some extent, but for the most part, I think people here are very nice. I have some mormon friends, who I get along with great, and they accept me even though they know I am an athiest. Some are even very 'crunchy' themselves :)  I think you will be just fine! If you are still nursing, I would suggest getting in touch with a Le Leche League group closest to you, there are a few in the valley, and...
I'm only nursing one, but I feel really run down from it at times. He is a BIG nurser still at 2 1/2.   I talked to my ND and my nearby health store. I started drinking stinging nettle tea daily, and upped my B vit intake with some supplements. ND wanted me to get more healthy fats in my diet, like coconut and olive. Its made a pretty noticeable difference. Especially the tea. Snack on high protein/nutrient dense items throughout the day.  
I've got to agree, that this therapist sends up red flags to me. I would personally find a new one.   My DS only regularly said 'Mom' and 'Dad', until a few months past his 2nd birthday. Then his speech blossomed, in one day, he said over 60 new words, and he keeps adding on more ever since. And how many toddlers dont enjoy banging blocks and such together? What?   My DH didnt start talking until he was 3, and he has a 171 IQ. And it IS normal for kids that grow...
DS in a Powder Blue Rumparooz  
DS in the EXACT same Whale Tale Rumparooz as the photo in the above post, but at 1 week old  
DS in a Whale Tale print Rumparooz.  
DS in some wool monster pants, handknit by me   Note... the date in this photo is waaaaaay off. That camera puts that date on all of the photos!  
If they will drink juice, buy a good juicer. DS just barely OCCASIONALLYstarted eating breakfast about a month ago, at 26 mo. He still will eat hardly anything for lunch, snacks, or dinner. He still likes to nurse for most of his intake. But he WILL drink juice, so I make him fresh juice every day and he gulps it down.   I usually start with a carrot/apple base. And I add in whatever veggies we have in the fridge. If you use anything that can be bitter like kale or...