or Connect

Posts by Xavismom

This is exactly how DS was too. He reached all of his physical skills very early. He was running at 10 months, and his dexterity and fine motor skills at 1 year were unbelievable! He could do all kinds of puzzles and tasks at a much higher level. I knew he understood me when I spoke to him, but he wouldnt talk! I was worried he either had a speech impediment, or was possibly autistic, because my DH is a high functioning autistic.   We think now he was just too busy doing...
We used to have complicated bedtime routines, like for a while DS had to be held in this CERTAIN WAY, or only nurse to sleep on a particular side, or we had to be in a certain chair, etc etc. Right now the main focus is being buried under about 2 dozen toys.   9pm rolls around, I put him in his night time soaker, I brush his teeth. He protests very loudly. I tell him to get his 'beebee friends' (stuffed animals he likes to nurse with) He drags them over to the couch,...
   I also have a 27 mo that nurses frequently throughout the night. And I think it is totally normal for him, even if it does drive me batty some nights.   I think I have gotten a 10 hr stretch of sleep TWICE since DS was born. If I was getting that every night, I would be soooooooooooo happy. I usually get about a 3-4 hour stretch at the most.    
My DS is 27 mo. Up until 2 weeks ago, the only words he really said was 'mom' and 'dad'. I will admit, I'd been previously worried about it, and I have actually posted about it several times here at Mothering. Ok, I was more than a little worried to be honest. My DH was completely unworried though, and was actually quite annoyed at me for being worried, as he didn't start talking until around 3 years himself. We decided we would wait until he was 2 1/2 before having an...
DH and I are also seriously contemplating a move to Uruguay. I'm so glad to find this thread. I had wondered about Vax, and schools, as we have a 2 yo DS.   From information I have gathered so far, I think our biggest hurdle is going to be a job for DH. He is currently working as a mechanical engineer, and also has IT experience, but it seems like jobs are hard to get for expats.   What is this freelance work a PP mentioned? This job issue is really the only...
My DS had low iron for a while too. And he is not really a great eater yet. I love all these ideas, I think a few of them might work for DS, and I'm going to try them.   DS also hates floradix. So I ended up juicing for him. He loves fresh juice, and he loves to help wash the veggies, and watch them go into the juicer. He gets really excited about being involved, and has a special cup and straw for his morning juice. He will drink pretty much any combo I make for...
I'll join in I can talk about DS all day, every day!   What a PP said about the mimic things... I love that too! DS mimics us all day, and it just melts my heart because its so adorable.   He's been feeding his snacks and food to his bellybutton lately, that cracks me up. He loves being silly and making people laugh. He has a whole routine of stuff he does for DH and I to get us laughing along with him. He is so fully of joy, I just love him so much!   DS...
I dont have a method, I think I'm just very lucky! DS just automatically keeps his fingerpaints and playdough at the table. He actually gets pretty upset when some of the dough falls off onto the floor, and he has to climb down to pick it up. He has always been really particular about where stuff 'goes',  or what 'belongs' with what though, so I think its just a facet of his natural personality. He plays by himself really well too. We just started this stuff recently, he...
This sounds a lot like us. DS is happy to play on his own, and does not interact much with other children.   My DH works nights, so on days he works, our days are like this:   Wake up, DS plays with fingerpaint or playdough while I make breakfast. Eat, then DS 'helps' me clean Play time in our family room with books, his train set, cars, etc. Naptime. Dad gets home. Wake up and play with Dad for about an hour, so Dad can go to bed. Run errands (this is mostly to get him...
We occasionally have someone think DS is a girl in public. Especially if I have a barrette in his hair to keep it out of his eyes. Its almost long enough to tuck behind his ears though!   Most of the drama actually comes from my mom. She likes his hair long, but she wants me to cut his bangs. I dont know how many times she has made passive aggressive remarks about me needing to cut his bangs, or how she should cut his bangs.. on and on and on and on.... I've...