or Connect

Posts by Xavismom

Wow there is a ton of back information on this thread.. and now it seems to have died off? I can see I have much reading to do. I hope some of you come back. I am so overwhelmed today.   Went to see an ND for my thyroid and asthma. Got my results back, and I have Hashimotos. Next, she wants to do a food allergy blood test, specifically for gluten/dairy. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that too.
We got DS his kitchen when he was about 13 mo I think. He mostly just liked to open and shut the doors then, and stuff all of his other toys in the cabinets.   He's never pretended to cook with it, still to this day. But he does play with it a lot. He uses the surface as a place to stack blocks, or zoom his cars. He still enjoys seeing how many toys he can stuff into it. He will be 2 this month. I figure actual 'kitchen play' will come with time, but who really cares...
I am in the same boat     I can SO, SO relate to this. I was with DH for about 7-8 years before we realized what was up with him. He is not Aspie, but high functioning on the spectrum. Now that I know what is going on, I can see how hard he has worked to make our relationship work, and it makes me very appreciative to him, and has given me new perspective, and respect.   I'm definately going to check out that blog. Its nice to know I am not alone in dealing with some of...
Aveeno colloidal oatmeal powder. When DS gets a red bum from something, its gone by the next diaper change. I just put some on him like you would baby powder. Works every time for us.
Dakotablue, that kitchen is AWESOME!     23 mo DS has had this kitchen for almost a year now:   http://www.amazon.com/Educo-ED821370-Gourmet-Chef-Kitchen/dp/B0024UXJ3E   He is very strong, and very rough with his toys. The kitchen is still alive, and in great condition. He did rip off one of the doors when we first bought it, but DH installed some real cabinet hinges on it, and now DS can be as rough as he likes and it stays intact.
So I have new suggestions on top of the silver, but I cant find anything regarding breastfeeding with them. Anyone have this info? I would really really appreciate it! Lobelia Mullein Slippery Elm Glutathione (specifically injections as talking orally has low bio-availability)  
If anyone has any knowledge to share on this, I would greatly appreciate it! I have asthma, I am currently on advair and an albuterol inhaler. My asthma symptoms always get much, much worse in the fall and winter. I just do not want to up my medications this year if I can help it. I've been doing some research on controlling my asthma in other ways, and talking to the people at the health store we shop at. I have these suggestions, but we cant find anything yea or...
DS is going to be a Rooster. He is really into farm animals right now, especially the chickens.   I made his costume. I used red felt and a brown knit beanie to make a hat with a rooster comb. I sewed 3 feather boas onto a knit vest, and I made a rooster tail out of some long green feathers and some felt that I sewed to the butt of some orange leggings. I made him some orange felt booties with claws. He looks so cute in it, and so proud! He does this funny 'chicken...
Hello all =)   Still BFing my 22 mo DS. I have asthma, and I'm on Advair at the moment. My asthma has been getting much worse lately, as it always does in the fall. I really dont want to up my dosage of Advair, as I hate that I have to be on it to begin with anyways. I was talking to someone about it,and was told that colloidal silver can help with certain types of asthma. I cant find anything definitive on if its safe while BFing though. Anyone?   I hate taking...
My DS is 23 months, and he pretty much just says Mom and Dad.   He has said many words, and even some phrases before, but its like he says something once or twice, and then never says it again. When he does say something it is easily understandable.   DH & I are sort of wait and see right now. DS is very advanced in other ways, and he does not seem frustrated about communication at all. He is pretty adept at letting us know exactly what he wants with gestures,...