or Connect

Posts by Xavismom

We have been in a multi-generational living arrangement for almost 3 years now. It includes myself, DH, DS (almost 2) and my mother. We all moved into this house together. We bought this house purposely intending this situation.   It was great at first. And then a slow decline started. And now its utterly miserable, and we are all trapped by this mortgage now. Feeling trapped in it makes it about 100 times worse.   I think some of the main problems are...
I agree with PP it sounds like her immune system could use some ramping up =)   DS (almost 2) gets really dirty, eats mud and bugs, loves being barefoot outside, especially if its wet or muddy, eats stuff off the floor that he drops, etc etc. We are a chemical free house, so we dont use anything like hand sanitizers. I will wipe his hands down when they are grubby or stick, but thats about it.   My DH and I believe nutrition is the best medicine. We all drink...
My husband loves this black bean /quinoa salad. Black quinoa (chilled) black beans roasted green chilis chopped tomatoes corn chopped cilantro small amount of olive oil, oregano, salt & pepper some raw minced garlic. Mix it all together, and eat with tortillas.
My DH wouldnt until we got our Boba. Now he will, and he says it makes him feel really proud =)  
Are you in the Salt Lake valley? There is a Salt Lake, Murray, and a Sandy group here.   Here is a link to some of the other ones, and other info   http://www.lllusa.org/UT/Utah.html   They all also have facebook pages you can go on if you need to, or you can call one of the leaders.   Good luck Mama, 
Oh I LOVE that!! It IS hard to find plain shirts that are natural fiber. I know because I look constantly! Thanks =)
I will be getting DS a new doll, probably this blonde one: http://www.novanatural.com/toys/boy-little-friend and a set of wooden construction type trucks at a local toy store that he wants SOOO badly.   I might get him a stroller for his new doll if I can find a non-plastic one that doesnt cost a fortune. He is really into dolls right now, and every time we go on a playdate, and another child has a stroller, he is ALL over it.   I gotta admit, I love that his two...
YES! That is exactly the one, thank you so much
I rotate toys about every two weeks, so they are 'fresh' to him. I do however, leave out his very favorite ones, that he plays with the most.   I did have a wooden toy box, that we used to keep ALL the toys in, and it was a huge cluttered mess, and I think it was so overwhelming to him, he didnt play with most of them. I turned the toy box on its side, lengthwise, so now it is being used more as a one-cubby/shelf type thing, and its MUCH better. There is room for 6-8...
I LOVE boys with long, golden curls. But I am obviously biased, (see my DSs hair in my profile pic )   Yeah, its in his eyes now, but I'm holding out cutting it until it gets to his shoulders, and we can tuck it behind his ears. We use hats a lot to keep it out of his eyes, and he just started to let me put clips in it when we are in the house.   I have trimmed the back a few times, because it starts to look like a mullet! Thankfully, my husbands only complaint...