or Connect

Posts by Xavismom

Hey Mamas =)   My DS is really loving pink right now. I've bought him a few things, but from the girls department. I remember a while back, someone on some forum here posted a link of a place that sells pink shirts specifically for boys, and I have lost the link! He is also really into big trucks, and dinosaurs right now, and I remember there were pink shirts featuring both, and I would love to get them for him!   Any help, anyone know this sites name?
I can relate to this in some ways, sadly. I'm all for giving DS (21mo) physical freedom to play and climb  and explore etc, but I constantly obsess over food, and environmental toxins, like plastic, heavy metal poisoning, etc. I have been freaking out inside about radiation since Fukishima. I worry about everything he eats. I cook most everything from scratch so I know whats in it, but there are some things you cant get completely away from.I obsess sometimes about...
Here I am nursing my 20mo DS in Capitol Reef Ntl Park, and also my very favorite nursing photo, one that was taken for an LLL fundraiser last year during World Breastfeeding Month. I am proud to share our photos, one of the best parts of Mothering issues was always the nursing photos in the letters section. I always looked forward to them, and wish I would have sent some in before it was too late  
Oh Mama I FEEL YOUR PAIN.   My DH works a Midnight to Noon shift. And we also live in Utah, and it is HOT in the summer and COLD in the winter. And my DH gets really really frustrated with the amount of noise that keeps waking him up every week   Add to that, we share a vehicle, and its a manual, which I do not know how to drive, so I cant just put DS in the car and go somewhere so that the house can be quiet.   Its frustrating to say the least. I did put a...
OP, we are in Utah too   I also have a Love / Hate relationship with this state.   Things I hate:   I grew up here (Salt Lake), my Dad is Athiest, my mom is Agnostic, I am now, as an adult Athiest, and so is my DH. My whole life I've felt like the black sheep. I had a lot of bad experiences growing up because of the whole religious issue (like not being included with other children, or allowed in other kids houses) I have nothing against people that choose to be...
So sorry you are not only dealing with this situation, but awful treatment from Dental offfices as well!   I've had great luck healing my DS's cavities, but they are not 'documented' by our dentist. Allthough our dentist (holistic dentist that believes in trying to heal teeth!) has looked at his when I have gone in for work in my own mouth, and says DS is looking good. We have not done xrays or anything like that though. And we did have a major backslide, because I...
You can buy a toothpaste with xylitol in it, or a xylitol gel meant to be used to brush teeth, its just as easy any anything else you would use!   The cells salts are meant to be disolved in the mouth. They start to disolve instantly and quickly once they get wet. I just hand them to my DS, and he pops them right in his mouth. We used hylands teething tablets when he was an infant, and they are the same sort of tablet, I would just put them in under his tongue to...
You accidentally call your husband 'little buddy; Often. Man, do I get the cold stare for this one, especially out in public!
I try my best to just ignore it. Our dog hovers about hoping for a treat too, but DS gets really upset when the dog eats his food, so thats actually working as a deterrent.   I've had a lot of patience with it so far, but just in the past week or so its starting to really get to me! I really hope this phase ends SOON.        
Thank you, that puts my mind at ease. It was funny, after you replied to me, my son had two more speech episodes. We were picking up toys, and some needed to go upstairs, I said 'We are going to take these toys upstairs, alright?', and he said 'Alright' clear as day. He also said 'Juice Mama''.   I am starting to be convinced that he could be not only speaking, but actually conversing with me if he felt like it. I suppose I just need to wait for him to be...