or Connect

Posts by Xavismom

I've noticed that DS gets really warm in his Sleepy Wrap, so when I put him in it, I just have him in a diaper so he wont overheat. I'm (attempting) to venture out of the house with him in his wrap for the first time tmrw, and I'm wondering what to dress him in?? We live in Salt Lake, UT. Its cold here, and has been snowing this week. What do you guys do in this situation? I'm also kind of wondering what to do when it gets to be summer here... We get pretty...
SUCCESS!! I just tried the Newborn Hug, and 10 min later, DS is sleeping soundly in his wrap! I noticed at the bottom of the instruction page, it said colic or reflux babes like being upright in the wrap better... I'm betting this might be the key, as DS has mild reflux. Thanks you guys! I so wanted this to work. All through my pregnancy, I planned on wearing DS in a wrap most of the time, for at least the first few months. The last two weeks have been so...
I'll second the plug for Rumparooz!! I LOVE them. DS has about 25 of them in his stash, he is 4 weeks old, and they are super absorbant. They are kind of bulky on him right now on the newborn setting, but its not too bad. And the colors and prints are super cute. I havent had any staining issues so far, and they are easy to put on, we chose the snap option.
I only know how to tie it like in the instruction book that it came with, which I'm guessing is a really basic tie. It crosses over my chest, and then he sits in it hammock style. Any tips on tying to have a 4 week old face forward? The back of his neck is really strong, he can hold his head up no problem when he's on his tummy, but I think the front of his neck is still not so strong, when I sit him up, he has a hard time holding his head up and not letting it...
We have a Sleepy Wrap. For the first 2 weeks, DS loved the wrap, and would fall off to sleep in it whenever I used it. The last two weeks however, all he does is fuss in it. Sometimes I can get him into it for a short time, if I am constantly moving around, and SHHHHing him. I really really want this to work out for us. We dont even OWN a stroller, as I thought we would wear him all the time. Any advice or tips on getting him to like his wrap again? Thanks!!
I just found this thread too! I've been wondering how hard it would be to find some other Mamas out in SLC that had the same lifestyle/parenting mindframe DH and I do (I'm guessing thats a good chance here on Mothering!) My DS is only 4 weeks old, so hes not much into playing... but I'm really excited there seems to be quite a few people on this thread!
I just had my first baby with the U of U Midwives, and I'll second all the posts, they are awesome. Delivered on 11-24, and it could not have gone any better. No one had any problem with my birth plan, everyone was very hands-off like DH and I wanted. No meds, no Iv, no fuss over anything, even afterword when we didnt want to bathe DS, to keep the vernix on him. Hospital staff were super nice, and very supportive about everything, including breastfeeding. Its a big...
So sorry you had to deal with this! It was one of my main concerns too when I was looking for someone to take DS (he is 4 weeks tmrw) to. I have a pediatric nurse practioner, and I really like her. She is anti-circ, supportive of breastfeeding, and supportive about selective/non vax, (even though she does think some are a good idea, she wont push the issue) If you want her information, pm me. Shes downtown on south temple. Hope your DS is ok??