or Connect

Posts by Xavismom

Hemp seed is a complete protien, and SO EASY to add to things that you eat.   This morning, we mixed some into our waffle batter. You really can put it in almost anything.   Make sure you get hulled hemp seeds =)
You sound like me =) I have no experience with children prior to my DS either!   I'm currently setting up a 'preschool' area in our house, so I've been on the hunt for activites too.   Some easy ones that DS really liked at around 12 months:   Helping me fold laundry (he isnt actually a help, but he thinks he is, and he likes it. It takes at least three times longer to get it done with him 'helping', but it still entertains him! We started this early, and he...
I am engaged in this ongoing battle as well!!   What I've come up with, is to keep switching containers. For some reason my DS loves small and tiny containers to drink (or pretend) to drink out of.   When he stops drinking it out of whatever I am currrently using, I look for something new to use. Right now he is using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon.   When that fails, I use a dropper. And its not really easy.   For some reason my DH can get him to drink it,...
DS (20 mo) wakes up around 7:30-8:00 Nap begins somewhere around 11:00-Noon, lasts anywhere from 2-3 hours Bedtime is 9:00ish.   This is his schedule, not mine. I just follow his cues. It changes every few weeks, just when I start to get used to it =)   Some days he has a much shorter nap, around 45 min to 1 hour... late afternoon to bedtime on those days is AWFUL.
  I am so sorry to hear this Mama =( Its very hard and sad to deal with, I know!   I'm not sure how far along your DDs cavities are, but I will tell you that I have a friend who was also trying to heal her DDs cavities, but could not get it under control. so theyre are going to have them filled. I think some of the little ones respond well to healing, and some do not, and you cant beat yourself up over it if you really do need to have them filled Mama. I wish you the...
I would really appreciate some opinions on Sandpaper Letters =)   I'm currently setting up a preschool area in our house, and I cant decide what is best?   Cursive or Print? I understand that cursive is the original way, but wouldnt print be more useful? I cant decide.   Lower case or upper case? I'd like to get both eventually, but right now I am only investing in one nice set. Also, I'm wondering if introducing both at the same time anyways would be...
My 20 mo DS still nurses in the night. It varies depending on how much solid food he ate during the day, activity level etc. Some nights he will only nurse once in the night, some nights its almost constant nursing, and he will awaken if not latched on. I just try to be patient with him when we are having a rough night, but it is hard sometimes, and I do miss out on a lot of sleep. I just keep telling myself, it will pass, just be patient and enjoy it, because I will...
  My DH is long and lean too  If it helps you vizualize, here is my 6'4 DH and our almost 35 Ib DS in our Boba. DH did not enjoy babywearing until we got the Boba. He hated the ring sling, sleepywrap and our Babyhawk.      
Ergo doesnt fit us  well at all. My DH and I are both very tall, and our DS is very tall for his age. I feel like he is in danger of falling out of the Egro as well when he leans, it freaks me out too much, I cant use one! And its just not comfortable for us to wear. I have some friends that are much shorter than me that love thier Ergos though!  
I had no idea you arent supposed to brush curly hair! Now I am thinking its my fault my DS hates having anyone get near his hair    My DH and I both have super staight hair, so I dont know any of this.   I rarely wash his hair, because I dont wash my own that often. I do put argan oil in his though, especially in the back where it mats up really bad.   My DS has very fine, blonde hair that curls into loose ringlets. I cant bring myself to cut it. I'm going to...