or Connect

Posts by SoulCakes

For me I knew when the thought of staying felt worse than the guilt from leaving. 
I'm not really sure how adoption works, but I believe you're obligated to tell the father before you can put your child up for adoption (haven't there been some Lifetime movies about fathers finding out they had a child and taking it away from it's adoptive parents?). It's a tough situation, but if you think your friend would want to know, then tell him. He may agree that adoption is the best way to go. 
Yeah, very common! Though it's more of a European thing. No socializing required.
I agree that the kids' preferences should be given consideration. I hate the back-and-forth, and I think it's hard on kids, but we do it too. When my parents divorced when I was seven, we would have family dinners a couple of times a week (more on this in a sec), and he'd pick us up from school and hang out at our house until said dinner, and even stay and watch tv after. We only stayed at his house every other weekend. That all suited me just fine, but now that I'm...
I'm so sorry. The grief experienced by a sudden separation can certainly be a lot like the grief we feel when someone has died. I hope you're able to find comfort where you can. 
I would call code enforcement about the gate in a split second. That simply is not safe. A friend of mine's little two-year-old sister drowned when her mother turned her back for just a moment -- it can happen so fast. So fast.   I wouldn't make a big deal about the motorcycles, but maybe that's because I grew up around them and it's easier to know how to treat something respectfully when it's around than when it's not. Genuine accidents do happen, and not just...
Hiya,   Does anyone have any experience hiring a private tutor instead of doing the homeschooling yourself? I think I'd be an awful teacher. I lack the patience, and have other things I'd rather be doing with my time. I'm willing to pay for a good teacher, though. If you've done this, how did it work out for you?   I'm doubling up the questions for efficiency, so here's question two: has anyone ever created their own homeschooling community school? I'm thinking...
Homeschooling is probably the most convenient option, but if your child is very bright there are a lot of non-high-school options such as the Davidson Academy in Reno. Also check out the Hoagies' Gifted Schools list. 
I do this too!   If I could keep the obnoxiously clean in just 20 minutes a day plus weekends, my house would be amazing! It takes a lot longer than that for me, and I don't know if I'm just slow or my house is super dusty or what (it's certainly not because I have too much house -- our flat is 800 sq ft). When I try to keep the house as clean as I want it, it's a part time job -- three hours a day, I'd say. But the great thing is that I never have to "deep clean"...
We usually get that angry when the situation is out of our control. You've tried being nice, you've tried being reasonable, and you've contacted your landlord. Yet he's still cranking up the volume. I'd be seething, too.    At this point, would your anger go away if he stopped playing loud music? Or are you trying to deal with two separate issues: the anger as it is, and also dealing with naptime, etc. given the music? For the music, I'd personally start buttering up...