or Connect

Posts by voxana

I don't think my kids would have tolerated night weaning at your daughter's age, but if you want to give it a try, I have a couple suggestions.  For getting the baby to go down awake, you could nurse her, but not to sleep, and then hand her off to her father so that he can try to gently work with her to fall asleep.  Baby's/toddlers often tolerate their dads changing the sleep patterns better than their mothers. Or you could try Dr. Jay Gordon's method, but he doesn't...
Sorry, no suggestion here, but it sounds really interesting that they're sleeping together so well. Maybe try the twin mattress on the floor?  With you there to keep an eye, what is there to lose? Makes me want to try something like that too, but I'm not sure if I'd trust my 3.5 yo to be careful enough with the 16mo.  
Just sent you a PM.  FYI, for anybody who is looking, I've found three AP-minded home daycares in the west suburbs.  
My nipples itch when I nurse my toddler (2yo) and sometimes the whole breast itches in general.  I know some of the this can be normal while pregnant, but I'm kind of paranoid about yeast since my toddler had thrush on and off in the first year. I have been trying to treat w/ diet, garlic, grapefruit seed extract, and Newman's all purpose nipple ointment (has anitfungal stuff in it). But the itch doesn't seem to go away.  I also had a yeast test and it came up negative...
We ended up selecting a home daycare run by a lady who seems empathetic and respectful of the children, has a nice sunny environment, and a large backyard.  My son has been going for only about 1.5 weeks and I'm beginning to see some drawbacks.  First, in this specific instance most of the children are over a year older than he is and so a lot of the organized activities are focused on an older age group, at their development levels. Second, I'm not sure my son is ready...
Hi Mamas,   My little guy was born in early May 09 and I thought this may be a good forum to post a couple questions:  How many of you have stopped nursing to sleep by now, and do you have any tips on gently getting them to fall asleep w/out breast (and w/out too much stress)?  It looks like I have to stop nursing him to sleep, even though he is very attached to it. We've nursed for every nap and every bedtime so far, but the problem is that I now have a night class...
Beginning this week we're trying a home daycare in Naperville, IL--about 15 minutes from us (we live in Wheaton.)  The woman who runs it seems very respectful and empathetic with children and mentioned to me that she co-slept with and nursed her own daughter for a long time. There are only 4 children there, and of varying ages, which I like. She has a huge backyard and lots of play equipment so I think they'll get a lot of outside playtime during the summer. My son is...
This may be a shot in the dark, but I'm looking for a home daycare for my 22mo, just for 4 days per week, 3.5 hours each day.  I'd love to find a provider with some common childcare philosophy to ours.  Please let me know if you know of one, or if you are a provider. Thanks!
Hope it's okay to jump into this thread with a quick question---Are any of you home daycare providers located in Chicago's west suburbs?  I'll probably also post in the Finding your Tribe forum, but I thought there might be some good luck here.  Really I only need care for my 22mo for 3.5 hours/day, 4 days a week. If you are in my neck of the woods and are open to this, please let me know!  
A friend of mine, who is currently night weaning, has been teaching her 2yo about "sleeping all night long, w/out milk" by giving him puppet shows about it with his favorite characters.  She also got him a clock w/ colored lights and taught him that when the clock is yellow at nighttime (for example) then "milk is sleeping," but when the clock is blue, then "milk is awake."     Is she still co-sleeping with you? Does she wake just once a night, and for how long would...