or Connect

Posts by voxana

I'm trying to start exercising again. My dh suggests dropping 9mo ds in childcare at the gym (it's a very nice gym with high standards in all areas, including the childcare). Well, I've never left ds anywhere with anyone, except home with dh from time to time. I'm not excited about leaving ds with unfamiliar people in an unfamiliar place. Of course, I could stay with him for a while each time to help him get acclimated. The other worry is that since ds doesn't get a lot...
My first baby is now 9mo and I'm thinking of dropping the postpartum pounds and trying to incorporate exercise into my life on a regular basis. So now I'm wondering, how, when, and what are you mamas doing for exercise? I'm just not sure how to fit it in.... I'm a wahm (try to), i breastfeed, and never leave ds for longer than an hour (very rare to do that even). The only chance I have to get freelance work done is during his naps and so I can't workout then. Also,...
How about a standard full-size crib off of craig's list and side-car it? We have twice bought cribs for under $100 there. You could even buy two cribs to have one side-carred and one stand alone crib kept in a different room, if needed.
My first baby is now 9mo and I'm thinking of dropping the postpartum pounds and trying to incorporate exercise into my life on a regular basis. So now I'm wondering, how, when, and what are you mamas doing for exercise? I'm just not sure how to fit this in.... I'm a wahm (try to ), i breastfeed, and never leave ds for longer than an hour (very rare to do that even). The only chance I have to get freelance work done is during his naps and so I can't workout then....
The book, Happiest Baby on the Block, was the most helpful shower gift and really taught me how to sooth my baby in the early months. I'm so glad that someone gave it to me and that I read it before ds came. The baby carrier is wonderful and I liked SleepyWrap for my ds. Swaddling blankets, glider/rocking chair... But really, after having the baby I realized that during pregnancy I'd focused too much on the baby stuff and not enough on preparing for what life is...
Here's a thought: Have you tried persistently burping him when he cries after a feeding? When my ds was a newborn, he would get a burp that was hard to get out and would scream. My husband figured out that he needed to be burped and would sometimes keep at burping him for 10 or 15 minutes! Once ds finally burped he would calm down right away and go to sleep. I also recommend Happiest Baby on the Block.
Wow, it's impressive that all three of you have been sleeping on a full size mattress! My husband and I alone can't even sleep comfortably on full, and I'm small. I'd definitely get a queen and then also sidecar either a twin bed for dd (depending on her age) and/or sidecar a crib for new baby. My husband and I sleep comfortably on a queen with ds sleeping in the crib attached to the bed. It's quite cozy. ;-) When we have another, and if it is going to be the whole...
Thanks for the thoughts, they were helpful! I was going to try giving him only one nap today, but he was obviously too tired by 9:30, and wasn't going to make it till 11 or 12:00. So I tried Peony's method of keeping him in the carrier till he falls sound asleep (had done this before, but might have given up too soon when he didn't seem tired). It worked and took about 25 minutes total. I've always tried to keep ds's awake time consistent from one nap to the next,...
I'm wondering if my ds needs just one nap a day and am interested to hear when other babies switched....?
My 9mo ds no longer falls asleep while nursing like he used to and it has become much harder to get him to take the two daily naps. He does seem tired so I believe he needs two naps--his eyelids go to half-mast and his eyes momentarily lose focus. I've tried putting him in the carrier for a while, or nursing, or lying him down, patting him on the back, and saying shhhh. If I were to just put him down awake and alone in our "family crib" he'd cry of course and that's not...