or Connect

Posts by willibug

Thanks you for your kind words, everyone. Living with someone with mental illness is one of the hardest jobs around. I am thankful every day now for modern medicine. You can say all you want about the evil profit-driven pharmaceutical corporations, but it can't be denied that they can sometimes give people their lives back. And, in our case, save families. Hang in there, all you spouses! There IS hope, and it might be just around the next corner.
When we've lived far enough away tor require airplane travel, my parents either bought all of the tickets or chipped in for the purchase. Now that I can drive there in a day, my mom gives me her gas card and pays for the gas. She insists, and I accept, because they don't come to see us, and they really want to make it easier for our family to go see them. I hope to be able to do the same for our kids when they are grown, if they live at a distance. It's so expensive to...
Hello, everyone! It's been over six months since I started this thread, and I just thought today that I should really come back over for an update, in case anyone who was following might be interested in how we're doing. I don't really know where to start, other than to say that life is dramatically better for me, my dh, and our family. It's nothing short of miraculous! DH had seen a string of therapists, who were not helpful, and tried and quit a couple of...
Thanks for replying. Well, she woke up today, perky, fever-free, and having had no more bleeding burning, or frequency. My mid-wife friend gave me some olive leaf extract drops to give her. I've had her drink tons of water, sometimes with lemon juice. I will taker her to the doc if she has any more symptoms. Hmmm! What could have been going on?
So, DD is 11yo. She's small for her age, thin, and has shown no signs of puberty yet, apart from a few strands of underarm hair. Well, and body odor! Last night, she came down with a fever. She also had a mild sore throat. This morning, she came to me and said she'd needed to pee more often than usual today, and that there was a bit of blood sometimes. I asked her if it burned, and she said a little. I went with her to the bathroom the next time she went, and...
Thanks, Carley! It would just be SO much better, on so many levels for ALL of us if DH could step up to the plate and take responsibility for his issues! But I must accept that I cannot control his side of things, and that I cannot stay with him and subject myself and our dear children to this situation as it stands. I have wonderful, supportive friends and family. I have a good therapist now, and I am tapped into the network of the local women's shelter, where I...
More thanks to everyone! Well, my third therapy session has come and gone. This time I went alone, and she and I were able to discuss the last session, when DH and I went together. I was happy and relieved to learn that she absolutely "got" both DH and how our relationship generally functions. I feel like that validation alone lifted a huge burden from my shoulders. She saw that, while he was complaining about my lack of communication skills, he was sabotaging every...
My DS, my third child, had extensive decay at around 16 months. My older two children had very similar diets and nursed beyond infancy with no problems, so sometimes it just happens! He had a lot of work under GA at the local hospital, and seemed totally unaware of its happening. That went really well. Then, six months later, he had a few more cavities, and our new dentist elected to do the fillings with no anesthesia in a "papoose" in the office. This WAS...
Thank you, yogachick. I need to hear something (anything!), positive today. I'm feeling right now that things are hopeless. DH came downstairs when he woke up, and immediately began verbally abusing me. Then he stormed off without saying a word to the kids and me. At times like this, it just seems like his admitting he has a problem, and actually changing his behavior just isn't going to happen. Either that, or I'll have to leave to protect myself and the...
Definitely don't have to wear it for the rest of your life! It's been going on 20 years ago for me, but it seems like I had the splint for, maybe, a year? Then it was just at night for a while. After I stopped using it, I remember the dentist "sanding" some of my teeth down to accommodate the changes which had occurred to my bite. But the bottom line is, my issues are long gone, and my bite and general dental health are excellent.