or Connect

Posts by 4myfinn

Wow.  I'm really surprised at the casual attitude with which the people posting on this thread will just disregard someone's food preferences/allergies.  Food allergies/intolerances are tricky things.  Often the very people with them don't quite understand them.  At our last allergist appt, the doc was explaining how tricky they are.  Food allergies and their reactions can depend upon how frequently a food is eaten, how much of it is eaten, and even what other foods are...
  I agree.  She's a guest in your home.  You should cook what she can eat.     I can't eat many foods because of DS's food allergies/sensitivities (I'm still bfing).  When you are a guest in someone's home and you are hungry but cannot eat the food everyone else is eating, it just sucks- there's no other way to put it.  I'm not normally picky, but I've realized that my son's health issues are greatly influenced by diet, and so I'm willing to make certain sacrifices.  My...
My DS does exactly the same thing.  Not only does he go limp, but he'll scream and he is loud, loud, LOUD!  He can get everyone's attention within a half-mile radius, I swear.  One thing I do try to do though, is make my actions gentle (in public or private) while this is going on.  I try not to tense up or look/feel angry when trying to contain his floppy little body.  I hope that my actions would appear gentle and loving to an outsider, but I guess you never...
When I was pregnant with my son, I was so worried I wouldn't be able to nurse because of my flat nipples.  I was talking to the midwife at my dr's office about it, and she pointed out that if no one with flat nipples could nurse, that trait would have been wiped from the human race eons ago because their babies wouldn't have survived.  She told me to remember that it wasn't impossible, it would just be a little trickier.  She told me that she had flat nipples and had...
DH has been remodeling our only bathroom for 2.5 months now, so we've been brushing and washing up in the kitchen sink.  I don't like it, but we don't really have a choice.  He's trying to get the new sink in today, though.    
Carrots can too.  I think the key is just watching your LO for what foods seem to be binding and give them something to counter that.  When I feed my son foods that make it a little tough for him to poop (carrots, potatoes, bananas, lamb), I make sure to give him pear juice mixed with water to soften things up a bit.  I don't know if these foods have the same effect on everyone, but this is what happens to him.    
This really had me lol.  I'm going to use these!    
Wow, thanks!  :)  I'll make some phone calls.  
Yes, we do.  DH does search and rescue work in the military.  We live in a tsunami zone (well, our house is out of the danger zone, but half of our town would be under water if one hit) and they recently had a emergency preparedness speaker come and talk to his whole station about what to have on hand in an emergency.  We put a few hundred dollars in a safe, accessible place and bought a bunch of canned stuff and water.  DH also spent a few weeks creating what he calls a...
My neighbor has an infant about 2 months old.  She is returning to work soon and asked my husband if I would be interested in watching her (I stay at home with my toddler).  I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to do it yet and need to talk to my neighbor about it.  My question for all of you is, what would I even charge her?  I have absolutely no idea what childcare costs.  My neighbor's work schedule is M-F, I think 8-5 or possibly 9-5.     Thanks for the help!