or Connect

Posts by Annie Mac

Have just moved to Dekalb Co from very far away. I am 41 years old, a SAHM to a little girl who is just over 2 years old. I'd love to connect with other moms in the area. Anyone out there? 
Probably being too optimistic, but I'm just bookmarking this thread so I can locate it again. I technically have a positive right now (just barely), but I had miscarriage recently, so it could be just leftover hcg. I'll know by Thursday.   Mymaya, I am 41, and am always thrilled to meet other older moms. In fact, I wouldn't have posted on here at all without your callout to other 40+moms. PM me if you like :)
I am in the same boat as you. I went for a blood test today, but the results were not conclusive. I have the lowest hcg that a pregnant woman can have, technically a positive, but on the other hand, like you, I had a loss a while back (more recently than you), so it could just be the lingering hcg from that. I asked the doctor what the spotting could be, if it wasn't pregnancy and she was pretty non-committal with her answer. "It's hormonal," she said. Like that tells me...
Hi Tenk! Yes, I am fine. I haven't been back to the DDC, just couldn't stand to look at it, so I don't know how you're doing? How ARE you doing? I didn't go get my test done today. I've decided to wait a few days so that there's something to measure. I could really just wait & see if I get my period, but there is other bloodwork to be done as well, that really should get done regardless of pregnancy status.I kinda wish it wasn't all lumped up together, because at this...
I had what might have been implantation bleeding yesterday. Because I was going to the doctor anyway, I told her about it and she ordered a blood hcg test for me. I was going to go and do that today, but will anything actually show up? If there was implantation yesterday (and here I'm assuming that implantation & bleeding happen more or less simultaneously, but I could be wrong), wouldn't it take at least a few days to show up in my blood? She also ordered another test...
You can take me off the list. Ultrasound & HCG levels confirmed it today. No more baby. On the positive side, my body is doing a bang up job and the whole unpleasant business should be over in the day or two.
Sorry to say, I'm out. :(
Thanks Sharon! My regular doctor will be back Monday. If the ultrasound clinic and techs have enough people needing ultrasounds, they will do a bunch today, and I will be called in. Otherwise, it's Monday. My cramping & bleeding are actually going down -- cramping appears to be gone altogether, at least for now, and the bleeding, while still there, is less. Fingers crossed! It seems a long shot, but I have a little of sliver of hope anyway.   Thank you as well...
Here I am the next morning. The cramps seem to have gone away. Hopefully they stay away. Bleeding is lightening up as well, so I have some hope. Not lots, but some.   The ER is where I had the not so great ultrasound to begin with. The ultrasound techs don't work on the weekends unless there is a particular need and the ultrasound clinic with the better machines are not open on the weekends, same deal. If there are enough people today needing ultrasounds, they will...
Bleeding is pretty constant. It may have slaked off some, but not a lot. The cramps come and go. Just when I think they're going away, they come back, but they are less severe than last night & this morning.