or Connect

Posts by tanana25

Well, my twins are just 5 months old, and it is still pretty tough. I can't wait until they can just sit up! But I am so happy to have them. They are both so amazing, and I really enjoy (mostly) the comments that I get about having twins. I also have a 2yo dd and I think it will be great having 3 girls so close in age. And I have to say, giving birth two two babies was an amazing thing. I did have pain relief, so it might have been a different story otherwise, but to...
Yea!!! I'm so happy for you! Since we are so close in due dates I have realllly been wondering what is happening! Congratulations. It sounds like everything really went well, all things considered, and I'm so glad you are all home together. And it seems like you made the decision to get the epidural at the perfect time. I am still full of babies, over 39 weeks now, and I am really looking forward to having a story to share soon.
I am seeing an OB, but she is fairly relaxed about things. I have been going for NST's twice a week since 32 weeks and when I tried to get out of it I was told emphatically that it was something I had to do. It wasn't so bad at first, but now, at 38 weeks, I am so uncomfortable up on that table I want to scream. But, as all the other pregnant twin moms around me have had their babies early, I am happy to see that mine are doing so well. Anyway, that has been my...
I hadn't heard that spotting was more common with twins, but early spotting is actually how I found out I was pregnant with twins. I had just a little bit of blood, but also have a history of miscarriage, so I went to get checked right away and I was sure the pregnancy was over. Thats when my doctor found two tiny little ones! Good luck to you, and I hope all is well.
I am right there with you! I was 36 weeks on Sunday. I have said all along that I will go to 39 weeks and it looks like it might happen. I had my final growth check ultrasound today along with a pretty gentle, but still ouchy, vaginal check. The midwife thought I was maybe 1-2 cm dilated, but not more, and he didn't actually put his finger up there, just kind of felt the edge. So I am starting to worry now that I am going to go sailing right up to 40 weeks and end up...
Yea! Congratulations!! What an amazing feeling. I'm due with twins at the end of May, and was in the same situation. Baby A turned a few weeks ago, and my whole attitude towards this pregnancy and birth has changed. I'm so glad for you.
I was talking to my doctor the other day about labor and how much I would be able to move around, etc. She told me that I should be pretty free to move because they wouldn't have a hard time monitoring me, because "you're not a large woman." I could have kissed her after I practically fell off the table laughing. I know what she meant, my belly doesn't have a ton of fat on it, and it is easy to check the babies. But I am pregnant with twins and coming up on 240 lbs....
Hi there, I'm new to posting here but am looking for some ideas. We have a couple of friends and their 6 yo daughter coming to Fairbanks for May and June. Does anyone know of any fun events for a 6yo in May or June? I thought I knew this town pretty well, but am coming up with a blank. Maybe I've turned in to too much of a hermit? Oh, and we are also looking for a place for them to rent/sublet for that time, if anyone has any suggestions on that front. Thanks in...
I don't really have anything useful to say. I am still pregnant with our twins, so I don't have any real life experience yet. I am also worried about how I will maintain my relationship with my 18 mo daughter. I just want to say that I am thinking of you, and I am sending good wishes to you and your husband, whatever you decide to do and however you work out the next few years. I definitely recommend trying to visit a parents of multiples group. I have gone a couple...
Thank you for asking this question! I am 28 weeks now and baby A has been breech for at least a month. I am doing everything I can to get him or her to turn but people are being less and less encouraging about my chances. It is great to hear that other people here have had twins turn later in their pregnancies. Good luck to you!!!