or Connect

Posts by sassyaztec

I'll ask my friend, she is up there near you.
we do a lot of veggie hash-- usually kale, potatoes, onions with whatever we have on hand. works for bfast, lunch or dinner! :)  find some baked breads/muffins that work for you and are yummy (than do a huge batch and freeze), smoothies.  protein bars/balls with sunbutter?
thank you!     We recently moved and my husband is working a lot, so I'm flying solo with no family or help, so dealing with the kids AND food issues has been making me feel down about meals in general I guess.  It's sooo much info and if I can't do corn, so many easy GF options are out, esp. convenience foods.  (which I don't do much of anyway, but sometimes it's easier on tough nights)  I also found that beans really work  my system.  A lot of my easy "go to's" are...
Hi all-   I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and looking for some guidance.    the backstory: I did an elimination diet back in Feb.  mainly for my son to check for food allergies affecting his behavior, but we basically all went on it (not my husband so much, due to travel.)   He reacted to gluten, dairy, blue dye, and green grapes.  Surprisingly, I found out I reacted to gluten, dairy, and corn.  We ended up eating a lot of brown rice too, which began to be a bit...
everything went great.  Our new doc was great, asked me if I minded telling her what religion we were (I've ALWAYS done religious ex. since we've moved a lot), I didn't mind, UU, but she totally wasn't pushy at all. She said she wanted to make sure she had as many boxes filled up as she could so that they wouldn't bother us every time we came in. I liked her a lot.  We ended up doing annual exams for both kids, checked vision and hearing and it had been a while since we...
great to know! My sis is in Seattle, so we go up there all the time anyway.  Thank you!  
Here's the page with all the info.  http://www.doh.wa.gov/cfh/Immunize/schools/vaccine.htm 
so I just called the family doc and they made an appt. for us for monday.  I can take both kids and they said to just bring the forms in and it would be a good opportunity to get to know the doctor better.  we shall see...   On a side note, I couldn't even get the DO as our kids dr.  Only peds that are also PCPs were an option.  :(   I also called Dr. Hubbard's office just to make sure she wasn't accepting new patients and they told me she was actually getting...
thanks.    I might just try and find a dr. in our insurance group and see if they can just help me.  Does anyone have any feedback regarding these two doctors?    Davis, Bonnie J, MD family medicine Larson, Lawrence A, DO ped and ped allergy  (my son(dkdkd (my son has allergy issues we need to explore more, so the DO might be a good fit)
xzavier's mama- It's brand spankin new, as of July 22.  from my limited knowledge, you probably don't have to worry about it since your kids are already on file with the state.  this just applies to new students, so like all the people who are moving here and don't have WA doctors and need to totally scramble.  can you tell I'm bitter? ;)    I can see a naturopath, but not as a PCP, just as alternative/supplemental care.  The ND I called said I could go to her, but...