or Connect

Posts by CraftyMcGluestick

No doubt! If I had been in this DDC with my first when I went to 42 weeks, I would be sobbing my eyes out (even more than I did). Maybe the mamas we haven't heard from are the ones going post dates and hiding out?Songbird, BIG to you! You've got this. You can do it. Your body is wise (even if it dragged you down the HG and not primrose path so long). Much love to you; I know your baby will be here soon. I hope you can summon some inner peace to assure you of what a great...
Congratulations Agilesheltie and bdoody! Welcome Caleb and Lucia, both beautiful and precious! Yay!!
Don't. Take. Castor. Oil. Seriously, even if you get desperate. It made me exhausted and dehydrated and seriously crippled my labor, all in the name of desperation.So much happening here only a few hours after my last visit!Congratulations on a quick birth, RunAddict!Good luck to all mamas warming up!P.S. for all of you getting bombarded with annoying texts/inquiries, this is a great web site to share out: www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com
My DS loves Kipper, too. Can't get enough Kipper. We also watch Daniel Tiger and the LeapFrog shows (especially Numberland). We had been watching Pingu, but there was one especially intense episode with ice sculptures and DS has now deemed it too scary. He also watches various Thomas the Tank Engine shows in the recommended stream. Misty Island Rescue is his favorite and eberyone in the family knows it by heart! Gosh, this sounds like a ton of Netflix consumption, but I...
...you schedule all appointments after mentally adding in the hour to hour and a half it will take to get your kids dressed and in the car (and if lucky: fed and not screaming), in addition to traffic, etc.
Terraka, it sounds like your friend has a lot going on. Is it possible that she also has postpartum depression? I definitely understand low energy (I have a 2 week old and a 2.5 year old myself), but I think it is a little strange that she has basically turned over the parenting of her older child to you and she never puts down an 8 month old who can sit and probably crawl on his own and does not need to be held constantly. I will even put down my 2 week old in a safe...
Where I live, they told me to come to the hospital right away if my water broke and they were getting kind of antsy after 4 hours elapsed, even thoughI was having strong contractions already (and was fully dilated in 4.5 hours). In retrospect, I might could have waited a little bit before going in, but I don't think I'd go more than 24 hours personally.
Amen. Yeast gone wild is such a pain! Also meant to add, I ordered some Motherlove brand nipple cream from Amazon (~$10 for 1 oz) after reading the rave reviews. It has Shea butter and calendula and some other good things and it is so amazing, I've been putting it on every night before I go to bed and it soothes tired, overtaxed nipples. (I also put it on a blister on DS's foot!) There is another brand that got good reviews, too- Earth Mama Angel Baby. I have their...
Yes skycheat, what somegirl said. Although, I live in a really small town and I was able to get the tea tree at our health food store. I could have gotten the coconut oil there, too, but was able to procure that in the organic/health aisle of our local Kroger. Amazon has both though.
Hi ladies! Sounds like everyone is warming up for go time. I could not really tolerate any sweets while pregnant, but since being postpartum, I can be seen constantly ferreting through the pantry for chocolate chips or brownie mix or any dessert-y type thing. Sweets, I missed you! It's too late to matter, but I third the vote on the awesome puddle jumper that Banana recommended. My 2.5 year old DS has one and it makes swimming a fearless joy for him and not scary for me,...