or Connect

Posts by CraftyMcGluestick

Not taking it easy- haven't really since maybe the second week. My DH didn't take any time from work (owns his own business), so lots to do myself. But I haven't had an unusually busy week, except I'm doing more cooking again. All my PP bleeding stopped by the end of the 3rd week- a month ago! I am feeling SO sorry for myself; I might set a world record for self-pity for something that may not be a very big deal.
Hey there- longtime listener, long-gone poster. You ladies are cracking me up with the good humor you're taking the various setbacks of the newborn period in stride. I posted another thread about this, but my period is back as of today and this has hit me with an all-new series of emotions including fear/guilt I am depriving my baby, anger at the inconvenience and early fertility of it, frustration and hopelessness at the thought that my exhausting efforts have not been...
I am very confused/concerned. I have had a tiny amount of pink spotting the last few days when I pee and then today, I felt a wetness and I went to the bathroom...and it looks like my period is back?! I am exclusively breastfeeding on demand- not even pumping or giving bottles, and my little Caroline is a chubby, happy, alert 11-pounder at 7 weeks (tomorrow) postpartum. Though she certainly sleeps a LOT more than my DS, she is still thriving and I just thought she was a...
Yes, she felt too low, but somehow I kept tightening it to the point it was painful and she was still low. I had a little better luck today with it. I'll keep trying!I've been thinking the same thing! We even are the same age with our own birthdays a couple days apart. High five, sister! Thanks for all the Maya tips, y'all! Coffee, the pics are especially helpful (and so cute, too!) . I have watched the YouTube videos and they're so easy to follow until I'm like: wait,...
I used this stuff, too, and it rocked! If I have another baby, I'm going to have it on hand ahead of birth so I can apply it immediately!Also, have you heard of the squatty potty? It is basically just a stool that elevates your feet while you're on the toilet so you're in the physiologically "correct" bowel evacuation posture. It is amazing what a difference it makes in removing strain and pressure. You could replicate this pretty easily with any low (about 5") stool.. But...
Cardigan, I hope your mom is okay! My dad began taking a series of falls toward the end of his life that we only later found out were caused by little mini-strokes. I may be reading too much into your mom falling, but if you think it's a legit possibility for her and haven't considered it, you might urge her to get checked out and help prevent future falls. We also have a few temporary solutions in our house that certainly aren't my longtime preference for...
Is it bad that I use neither a shopping cart cover, nor wipe down the seat? I just figure we'll wash our hands when we get home...or stick them in our mouths and noses right away. That happens, too. I think most of these products definitely have a place (uh, except baby high heels-no), but I personally don't like to carry a bunch of stuff/am a bit of a minimalist. I never really thought of my wipe water as cold, just ambient? It's so hot here in Texas still, I think I'd...
No one in your house is college-aged, but you feel like you're living in a frat house with the level of order and randomness of objects you come across. Oh hai solo cups in the bath tub!...I didn't even know we had solo cups.
Congratulations BlueLotus! Welcome baby girl! GraysMama. It really won't be long now, even though it feels like it. Pregnancy seems to last an eternity, but I've blinked my eyes and my Caroline will be 6 weeks old on Saturday! Whoa! You want time to speed up and I want it to slow down now, but predictably we'll split the difference and all will be as it should. Hang in there.
I have not tried (nor heard of) the k'tan. Babywearing is definitely not the norm here in the Texas sticks, so everything I know about it I have to find on Mothering or experimentation/impulse buy on Amazon! It's funny because on Mothering, I'm probably fairly mainstream, but in my small town, everyone thinks I am a total hippy Earthmama. Ha!I was not very diverse in my carriers with DS- Moby and Ergo only, but I *have* the Maya and a pouch one my sister gave me, so trying...