or Connect

Posts by CraftyMcGluestick

Both my babies were born in summer in Texas, so I dressed them both super light because it's HOT here whether you're a baby or Beelzebub! But even in the air-conditioning, which puts the house in mid-to-high 70s, I use a onesie, diaper, and muslin blanket if baby is not in direct contact with me or DH.My mom told me this, too. I only put a breezy sun hat on baby if I am out in the super bright sun (of death and oppression) and I need to protect her head from getting...
Beautiful family, Skycheat! I have that exact same Maya wrap. I was wearing it yesterday and today, but I am not very practiced. You're wearing like a pro. I hope I get good; I was really awkward at the grocery store today. I'm much better with the Moby, but it's hard to put on fast in the car, especially. And it's HOT here in Texas!
I overpacked, too. I brought clothes and stuff for my husband, but he was back and forth to our house several times. We only live about 10 min from hospy. Plus he could bring me whatever I wanted, which was nothing. I was sending stuff home with him. My main things I used were iPhone/charger (served as entertainment, connection to friends, and camera), my own pajamas and toiletries for freshening up and feeling relaxed, and clothes for me and baby to wear home. Oh and our...
Awesome crafty work, Banana and Leigh! I love all the stuff y'all have posted. My crafty accomplishment of late: I taped our hospital ID bracelets into the baby book today. I also ordered our birth announcements I picked out over 6 weeks ago because I finally uplpaded a photo to tinyprints.com. No applause needed; I know how much I am rocking life.
I was nervous at first that I wouldn't like this DDC as much as my first from September 2010, but I feel a lot closer to y'all and like I know you better; I wish I had a club for every major thing in my life! Handy having y'all in my pocket! I talk about this group all the time to my DH; I'm sure he is sick of it. Ha.
Edelweiss. I think it's all been said, but just want you to know I'm out here cheering you on. I really hope you can get some rest and a little peace knowing what an amazing mom you are and that you're not depriving your sweet babies of anything at all.
Can I just say Daaaaaaaaamn Cardigan! That is one wild ride and you are amazing for all that. I was kind of blown away at the time you had updated on all-day pitocin and the failed attempts to break your waters, but the plot really thickened didn't it? Good Lord! I had a 10 lb boy sunny side up and it was dramatic times, though not NEARLY as complicated and action-packed as your labor and birthing. I am sure you are exhausted (though hopefully high-fiving yourself for...
I'm mostly just following along, too sleepy to post much, but seriously: how did you manage that? A sling? The mind reels. Well done! You and Edelweiss definitely deserve badges. In fact, I am going to award badges to everyone; I'm so inspired by you all.
OMG EA77, you're wearing actual clothes. Maybe since you're going into spring there explains it, but the temps are in the 100s here and I have a few t-shirts and sports shorts I'm wearing. It looks like I'm always in PJs. But it's so hot and I am so often wearing milk (pre and post digestion) that I've just decided I'll wear real clothes again...some day. You look fantastic! Mama505, I know you've had your sweet boy now, but I totally love your crazy last belly shot....
Congratulations Mama505 on your sweet baby boy and successful VBAC! Can't wait to hear his name. Congratulations emcol on sweet baby Joseph! Sorry your birth wasn't exactly what you had hoped for, but sounds like you really did a marvelous job. I also got an epidural with my big, posterior boy and I know what a major, major difference it makes. Modern medicine definitely has its place. Look forward to hearing more on the postpartum chat and hoping you're all healing...