or Connect

Posts by CraftyMcGluestick

Oh man, the sad sack club is now in session! I hate to say this, but hearing y'all's stories really keeps me from feeling so alone. Heather and Mama_b, I don't even know if this is the HG thread exactly as much it is the "oh man, I feel like total crap, am beat down and exhausted, facing my life is breaking me, and I do not know about this mythical happy 2nd trimester thread, and yes, I throw up still" I would not say I am HG and wasn't last preg, but I am sick ALL the...
Skycheat, I am due July 29 myself, but experience and intuition tells me this LO is an August one, too. I didn't even bother joining the July DDC (thought my edd was 8/4 originally), especially since my nausea lasts SO long, I like more people to lament with me as long as possible. Welcome!
OMG, I can't imagine having done that in high altitude! I did it at Dallas/Ft.Worth and it was bad enough. I literally ran down an escalator in really loose flats (how did I not break my neck? I was already ENORMOUS!) and then sprinted like a 1/4 mile to the very last gate. When I saw them close the door from a couple gates back, I started crying and I begged them to let me on. I was looking at the parked plane! They said no, so I cried and had Braxton-Hicks at least 30...
They nagged you about having kids and then told you it was 7 months of torture?! How...sweet. I guess it's hormones (or I'll blame it on that), but stories like that kind of make me want to facepunch rude people. I dunno- I always want to facepunch rude people, thoughI have never facepunched in my life. I just told that story to my husband and he was like "What?! The newborn stage was harder than I thought but such a joy." So there you have it. Balance. HeatherB, we are...
I want to say thanks, too. This will be my second hospital birth, but my last one was a transfer and I didn't get to think much about it. I had a good experience overall, but I actually needed a lot of things like IV fluids (for dehydration) that I hope will be optional this time. I want to be prepared and be thoughtful in my plans this time since I know I am going to the hospital. Thank you all!
A bit O/T, but just wanted to say I was drinking a lot of cokes, too, HeatherB, because the fizziness was helping me produce such quality burps (sorry, gross), that it REALLY helped nausea. But then my husband brought home some Topo Chicos (the sparkling mineral water from Mexico) and this works just as well, minus caffeine and sugar and all. Really, really drinking a bunch of those because it seems all that's standing between me and lying on the floor some days. Okay,...
During my pregnancy with DS, I ordered from menus based on what was the BIGGEST. I was nauseous, definitely, but insatiably, impossibly hungry. So, so hungry that I would also be like: OMG, I am so tired of always eating or having to prep a meal because I had. To. Eat!!! The severity of it did fade a lot after first tri (although more like 16ish weeks I want to say), but I was pretty generally very hungry for most of the pregnancy. This pregnancy is strange, I still get...
I love unrealistic hope. I practically majored in it in college.
Oregon, I'm right there with you. My 2 year-old DS is watching iPad movies (I got several Pixar ones) all the time. Our meals are highly questionable in nutritional content, if not downright bad and the stuff I need to do vs. what I can do is dramatically out of balance. I am just super, super sick and trying to get by. I hope you can be gentle with yourself and remind yourself this is a short time. It will not be like this forever.
Good tips, Somegirl! Also, if you are having any trouble with swelling, you might consider wearing support hose. Not pretty, but they do help a lot. My dad was a diabetic and he always wore them for flying, and it helped a lot with swelling. I had a girlfriend do the same during her flight while pregnant. Here's a tip I learned the hard/stupid way: if you're about to miss a flight across the airport, just go ahead and miss it. Don't run in unsupportive shoes and then...