or Connect

Posts by CraftyMcGluestick

I'm so right there with you, Heather. I welcomed 13 weeks with a morning (and afternoon!) vomi-sode and was like SERIOUSLY?!Right now it is 2 am and thanks to a combination of post-nasal drip and starving, angry fetus syndrome conspiring against me, I am up making hard-boiled eggs (per FarmerCathy) and cheese toast.I want to feel sorry for myself, but I see how we're all doing ridiculous stop-gappy-type measures in our lives and I just want to laugh or cry. Not sure...
Oh no! That seems to be my story, too. We should know better than to jinx ourselves songbird!In any case, I am so happy to hear of the mostly positive turn for you! Yay! That 9th week was heck on wheels to the bitter, bitter end, so it's nice to see it's not ruining everyone's life!Like you, I am now singing the praises of vitamin C. I'm not "well" from nausea and whatever other disease has grabbed hold, but I am not the insane mess I was yesterday. I've been taking sooooo...
Cardigan, definitely agree with advice to keep it simple. Also, every child is different, so there's sometimes no way of knowing what's needed until you're living it!For example, we didn't know we'd need a swing, but for us, it was indispensable! We bought one (quick) after DS arrived and he absolutely loved it for naps when I wasn't laying down with him and sometimes just for calming during the terrifying sunset hour! But my sister has 3 kids and nary a swing was...
It's strange. Sometimes I think- wow! 13 weeks already?! Other times I'm like: yep, I have felt every nauseating minute of this pregnancy.Harmie, I hope you can find some peace soon with all your anxiety. I guess one of the alleged silver linings of constant and severe nausea/vomiting is that I am never anxious about miscarrying. In fact, if you explore the dark side of our HG thread, some of us have, in our drooliest, sickest, most worn down moments wondered if we have...
Oh good- y'all have reminded me I need to get/borrow a bouncy seat (I borrowed one for DS) and I do want to get a special monogrammed blanket for this baby just like with DS. I will get it after he/she is born though since we never know the name in advance. I have 2 Mobys, which I love for newborns. I have a Maya wrap I didn't use much mostly because I didn't really bother to learn how, but I want to this time around. I also have 2 of the incomparable Ergo. What...
Thanks CookAMH. I don't know if anyone's posted about it, but I have been using it. I soak in it in a bath almost every night and I have a magnesium lotion I put on my legs. Everything I've read says skin absorption is more effective than ingestion. Anyhow, it hasn't curbed my nausea, but I haven't had any leg cramps or restless legs. So that's good.Unfortunately, I think for most people on this thread, we've about tried everything and for us, a little B-6 or crackers or...
We are in the same boat. We've got the funk here and it's making us all pretty miserable. I have thrown up twice today, but not sure if it's the funk or more pregnancy-nausea. (It actedlike pregnancy-related, but I was hoping that was passing...).Anyhow- I am fighting fire with fire as much as I can. I've neti potted 3 times today, I've taken 1000 mg (well, 1 g, I guess) vitamin C about every 2 hours, had three huge mugs of chamomile with lemon and honey, and took a long...
Hi ladies, I'm expecting my second and some friends have asked me what all I need. I am getting a new infant seat because I didn't love the Graco Snugride (getting a Chicco Keyfit this time), but other than that, I don't think I need anything. I loooove luxurious baby items, but I only buy exactly what I'll use and I don't like a lot of waste or stuff in my house. I cloth-diapered with my first, so I'm set there. He wore his size Small fuzzibunz so long (to 18 mos until...
Totally hear you CrunchyMama! I always think I'm turning a corner when I have energy to run any errands or go the whole day without throwing up, but I've figured out that the harder I go during the "good" times, the worse I crash when my time is up. Sometimes putting forth less effort is not an option, but I always seem to pay for it. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow- is that the start of 2nd tri or is 14? I've been going steadily uphill since the horror of 9 weeks, but I'm still...
Good tip! Thanks. Hard-boiled eggs are easy enough to have on hand. Plus even not for just pee slowing; they help my middle of the night hunger/ nausea beast.