or Connect

Posts by babeola

My 3 1/2 y.o. son recently visited another boy for a playdate over the holidays. He was enamored of this boy's cork gun and played with it nonstop for two hours. Prior to this, he had never seen one on tv or in movies, had never played guns or had one (except for a squirt gun, which he never pretended to be a weapon.) Now, everything is a gun. He wants to shoot bad guys and kill them. I told him he can't point the "guns" at people and that police officers take...
I appreciate your feedback. I don't know about the allergies. We are vegan. But I will check on the book in our library. I also don't think it is learned a preschool. It is a very mellow group of kids. I am in the classroom as helping parent approx. once a month and so get to witness interactions. Regardles of where it was learned, I think I need better coping mechanisms--as does he. I do find that really focused time on him helps and if, I let him plan how he...
I am at my wits end. I have 3 1/2 y.o. son. For months now, he has been acting out several days a week. He hits me, bites me, yells at me, calls me names, etc. I try to make sure he gets enough sleep and healthy food and little if any tv. This behavior is not only directed at me. Sometimes dad, granny or even yesterday--the doctor. Usually he is mad because he has to do something--pick up toys, get dressed, go somewhere. However, sometimes it seems to come out of...