or Connect

Posts by zoesmom2009

We were having lunch out today when my 3 yo DD had a full blown meltdown. She likes to unwrap her straw by herself. While I was chattering with my MIL, I absentmindedly unwrapped DD's straw for her. This sent DD into an all out screaming/pushing tantrum (she tried to push me out of the booth we were sitting in.) I carried her outside so as not to disturb the other diners. I talked with her, telling her that I understood she was angry and why, and that it's ok to get...
Sundaya, sorry to just be getting back to you. I've managed to contract a really nasty respiratory bug. I had hoped I would be feeling better by now, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps we can get together when I'm no longer impersonating typhoid mary.
A playdate would be great! This week is pretty crazy for me, but I could meetup sometime next week.
I live in Lawrenceville as well. I'm a SAHM with a 2.5 yo DD. I'd love to meet up with some local mammas
I can completely sympathize. My DD (who is now 26 months) went through a nursing craze right around that time too. Like your LO, she has always been a big nurser, but around 18 months she reverted completely back to newborn patterns. It was maddening. She was nursing every hour on the hour, around the clock. I was losing sleep and my nipples were getting horribly sore. I felt like a new mom all over again. I can't tell you how many times my husband would come home to me...
I totally understand. I've been nursing my DD for a little over 2 years and still feel uncomfortable nursing in public, though like you, I still do it anyway. I think one of the reasons breastfeeding is so frowned upon (other than OMG it's a nipple!) is that most people only see nursing as a feeding mechanism. It's a way to feed your kid until they are old enough to eat solids. The emotional and psychological needs that it fulfills for both mother and child is something...
Yep, it's now on auto-replay in head. I agree, though, great show!    
My DD is almost 2 and still nurses a couple times at night. I have no plans on nightweaning her. It doesn't bother me at all. I figure she'll wean herself when she's ready. I'm already noticing that she nurses for shorter lengths of time than previously.
My 2yo LOVES Word World! Also, we are big Jim Henson fans. Fraggle Rock and the Storyteller series are our top faves.
Great video, thanks!