or Connect

Posts by PugMom4Now

I use baking soda mixed with lotion, so not typical deodorant, but it is used as a deodorant.
These are great! DH and I rarely buy each other gifts. Our birthday are 3 days apart so all holidays are shared. I know it stresses him out to try and pick things out for me, and we pretty much buy stuff throughout the year. I will buy him gifts if I think of something really good, but we don't make a big deal out of it. One year when we were younger (I'd say 15-16), we were exchanging gifts with a group of friends. DH (then boyfriend/friend) bought me a cute...
Wow, these bring back memories. The one babysitting moment that stands out the most for me is when I was about 14 I was babysitting for 2 young kids, maybe 4 and 5. Sweet kids. The next day the mother calls up my mom and is telling her what a horrible person I was and that she found my UNDERWEAR in the bathroom and she was accusing me of sleeping with her boyfriend. Umm, I don't think I even met the boyfriend... She then found out that they were her brother's...
So, I'm just looking for thoughts about this cycle. I've read TCOYF, but sometimes need other reassurance. I'm not charting right now and we're not yet TTC (but I'd be thrilled, which is why I'm here...), so we use condoms. I had my LMP on November 9. We had a broken condom on November 19. I had ovulation pains on November 21st (CD13) -- do ovulation pains typically show up on the day of ovulation? I'm counting that as my ovulation date. My cycles are...
I've been feeding mine Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul for the past couple months and they are looking great on it. All of the ingredients looked good to me, but if anyone knows different, I'd love to hear it.
We give them occasionally to my dogs -- probably about once a month. They love them, but I get worried about them digesting them properly. Once I finish off the ones I have, I don't think I'll buy more. But it is nice to give them for a bit of a distraction.
Well I have 2 Pugs and they need to go regularly to the vet to get theirs emptied. With Pugs, they don't have snouts that allow them to express their anal glands themselves, so they need to get done. I've tried with adding pumpkin, etc. to their food, but they still need to get them done -- one more than the other. And the vet does a much more thorough job then I could do from the outside. The Pug who needs it done most often always lets us know because he will start...
Yep, I did change needle sizes. The size 20 ripped the thread right away, which made me think I might need heavier thread. I'll try to get that soon and see if it works. I hope so. I didn't change around my tension either, which might have something to do with my problem too. Thanks for your response!
I'm trying to sew a purse with corduroy and a somewhat heavyweight upholstery fabric. I tried with my regular thread and I tried switching needles with this thread and I just cannot get through the layers -- the thread just breaks right away. I also tried a thicker thread for denim and had the same problem. Any suggestions on what I can do? The purse is all cut out with pretty fabric and nice pockets... and I'll be disappointed if I have to *gasp* handsew...
Yay White Sox! It was such an exciting series with the games being so close (and loooong with Tuesday's game!). I am still on a bit of a high -- although it's starting to wear off and I'm feeling the drag from the last 2 late nights!