or Connect

Posts by broodymama

Gahhhhh, this migraine has lasted 3 days so far, it's really kicking my butt.  I've even tried my prescription meds for it and it gave me a couple hours relief and then it came right back.  Totally not worth the stress of taking the meds.  I'm counting down the days until I can get back in to see the chiro and hopefully get some relief, just a few more weeks.
I would check out ICAN (either a meeting or the forums) for finding a VBAC provider.  I've heard the meetings would be the best if there's one in your area, more word of mouth info that way.  http://ican-online.org/  Also, check Tribal Areas in Finding Your Tribe here, someone else on the boards may have some info for you.
My family lives on the other side of the country so it was a few weeks for my dad and stepmom, then a month or two before my mom visited.  I had some local friends stop by the day of the birth (one picking up the placenta for dehydration and then she dropped off smoothies for me for the next few days  and a few people dropped off dinner) but not really many people came over, it was rather peaceful.  DH was also military at the time and had 2 weeks off after the...
I'm still fluctuating a pound or two around my starting weight.  My nausea and vomiting are starting to fade, but I'm also almost out of Zofran, so we'll see how the next week or so goes.   Last pregnancy my neuro had me on cyproheptadine in an attempt to control my daily migraines.  I had been on it a few months and I remember one night sitting on the couch with my laptop, a container of vanilla ice cream balanced on my belly, and finding out that it was also used...
I read Diary of a Midwife a couple days ago, really enjoyed it!  Now I need some more birthy reading.   Both of my daughters have birthdays this week and DH just started his new job, it's been a busy week!
LOL, love your signature quote, Katri'smama!  I might have to borrow that.  I also find it funny that both of our locations have to do with the rain.  
Just west of Seattle, WA here.
My 4th baby arrived around 41.5 weeks, my longest pregnancy by over a week.  But when he was ready he came flying out, with labor less than 30 minutes.  He was also only 9 lb 8 oz, my next-to-smallest baby.    Hope your little one decides to make an appearance soon!
Ahhh, I just checked and my local library has Diary of a Midwife on the shelves.  I need some good birthy reading, I'm going to try to make it to the library later today!
Welcome!  I just saw your thread in Tribal Areas about your petition to BCBS, and I think we're on another board (pg.org) together too.  (I'm the one who PMd you about the vax thread, so no big surprise to see me here!)