or Connect

Posts by nemrac917

A little random update...     Still no ovulation in sight for this mama.  I'm still decreasing my domperidone dosage.  I held it steady for a couple weeks as I got a cold and had some stressful situations and didn't want to risk tanking my supply.  I've added in a few fertility herbs to my daily regimen and I've started temping to the best of my ability.  Skipping days here and there due to frequently waking up at night, but I'm getting enough to see a normal-ish chart....
We're getting ready to gear up to TTC #2 here in our crazy household.  We only have one little dude now, who's 16mo.  I would have preferred to have more space between them, but hubby and I are aren't exactly youngins and there may be more kids in the pipeline (no pun intended), so I'd rather get started now than later.   I'm still breastfeeding said 16mo and still haven't had a PP AF.  Some of that I attribute to being on domperidone, which is due to being on a wonky...
It's been a while since I checked this post... I managed to find my way into the BWI group here in town and am about to head out to today's meeting. :D
Any other babywearing mamas in or near Rockford?  Not too many of us here and I'd love to connect with some other local mamas.
How can I tell if I have an over active letdown?
BG: D's 6 weeks old, born early at 32 weeks.  He was in the NICU for almost 6 weeks, and just came home Monday, 10/29.  During his time there, I concentrated on pumping/bottle feeding so we could make the docs happy and get him home sooner, where I could then start introducing the breast and feeding on demand.   Current Issue:   D's been having some really mucusy poops and increased gassiness/discomfort the past 1-2 days. Research tells me it's likely a...
I wish we were all at home, but we still have a few weeks left until that happens.  He's still working on learning how to eat and was just bumped up to 3 bottles/day today.  He's averaging about 30mL per bottle feeding, and is getting 58mL per feeding via the tube.  Today was also his first successful latch and feeding at the breast, without the breast shield.     The only steady progress over the past few days has been his weight. He was averaging about 1-1.5oz per...
We are absolutely doing kangaroo care with him.  The only time I held him with either us dressed (well, me from the waist up) was yesterday, and that was just because my dad was going to arriving shortly.  Every other time it's been skin-to-skin.  He's always so peaceful when I'm holding him.  Then again, he's proving to be a very quiet baby so far.   Yes, his original due date was the 10th.
I'm a big fan of unique, but not unheard of,names.  When it came to picking out names for our baby, I knew I wanted something different.  The only family connection are the initials, which were my late FILs.  We decided a few years ago to use initials of loved ones lost for our kid(s).   It took us forever to come up with a 'D' name that we both liked.  We went through a few different ones that we would like for a while, but just wouldn't stick.  Devereaux came about...
Pics from yesterday...        He's off the bili light as of today, and his IV will be discontinued tomorrow morning.  If his bili levels are normal in the morning, he can stay off the light, and be moved out of the isolette and into a regular bassinet/crib bed thing.  He also got to wear his first outfit tonight.  They have a full stock of clothes there and I picked out a little onesie that says "Mommy's Little Monkey".  Perfect for my little man.