or Connect

Posts by lilyofjudah

So glad to see people turning up to chat again - I missed it! We're doing well just incredibly busy with a move, will write more when I can!
I've birthed twice in 6x3x2 stocktanks and highly recommend it.... we are also on a farm so they get well used after! (Considering engraving them with the name of the child that was born in it, hehe!) We lined it with blankets and pillows and then a plastic sheet both for insulation and padding and it was very comfortable. I really liked how stable it felt, kneeling holding onto the sides or cross brace as needed. We also had some family baths in it for fun before and...
He's beautiful.... hugs to you.
Hey everyone! Wish it wasn't so hard to stay in touch but now with the babies here... I think we've all got our hands full! (Ah, for the good old days of bedrest... well, maybe not good, but good for online socializing!) I was supposed to go back to work this week but didn't.... just too tired still at only 4 weeks postpartum. My temp was happy for the extra money and seems to be hoping I'll decide to take a few more weeks but we need me to get back... hoping going back...
Wow Mama, congratulations and good for you for being patient!
I haven't really started to think about this yet but highly recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It is basically all about charting your cycles either for pregnancy achievement or prevention, but also shows you how to recognize health problems through your cycles (say, low thyroid function). There are good explanations of in what circumstances you can count on breastfeeding and when you can't, and clues to recognize your first ovulation (before that first...
Birth story part two... I realized that what I had already shared was nothing but the reflection of the experience, and nothing about the experience itself - which says something, I guess, about what seems important now, several weeks after the fact. Or, perhaps just that my brain is having a hard time staying organized and on track these days? Take your pick!   Anyway... after two weeks and a bit of some concern over low fluid levels, multiple ultrasounds and nonstress...
 Editing this to try to put back the paragraph breaks that somehow disappeared in between typing it and pressing submit....   Birth story at last... at least if baby stays asleep long enough for me to finish typing this! I thought a fast labor would be good, I didn't quite reckon on what that might mean... and I think it's probably a good thing we don't get to control when our labor starts or how strong it gets, or these babies might never get born! (Well, truthfully, I...
Hi everybody! I'm not caught up on what's been said over the last ten days or so since baby came... we're all doing well, it's just a very busy time and right now my parents are visiting which is wonderful.   I'll post a birth story as soon as I have time... want to do it justice! :-)   Hang in there everyone who's still pregnant - I never thought I'd be waiting until 41+ a day or two, but so it was, and everything was just perfect in the end. We had all been so sick...
Baby girl born unassisted in the water, just before sunrise this morning... bit of a wild ride but everyone is doing well, just tired. Only a few hours of hard labor and contractions never got super close together but were twice as strong as anything I'd felt before. I wailed a lot more this time but then it was over, lol. She's gorgeous... will take a picture later... still sleepy from the journey here but we'll get to work nursing when she wakes up again. Love to you...