or Connect

Posts by townmouse

I would make the A Natural Sparkle page the main/home page but otherwise leave the site exactly as it is. And I wished you lived in my state because I would love what you offer!
lurking.... I'm not very knowledgeable about Waldorf, but I have and use The Children's Year; Festivals, Families, and Food; and All Year Round. My blog includes some of the festival ideas that we use from these books, as well as homeschooling and folk music stuff. Not too exciting, but I'll share anyway! http://ravendulcimer.wordpress.com I'm excited to find these other blog links. I'm always trying to make our festivals and traditions richer and more...
Quote: Originally Posted by nathansmum I like the no-cook playdough methods. I have made both gluten free playdough and regular flour playdough. Here is the GF one: 1/2 cup rice flour 1/2 cup corn flour 1/2 cup salt 2 teaspoons cream of tartar 1 cup boiling water Add to the water: 1 teaspoon cooking oil, a few drops of food colouring Mix all dry ingredients together, add boiling water with added ingredients and stir until it blends into a...
Lastly, here are quick and easy snack options for little ones. Maybe there's something here your children will like: tinkyada pasta with butter or olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs, cheese Bob's Red Mill mighty tasty hot cereal with milk, nuts, sugar, cinnamon Brown rice made with chicken broth and seasonings, with peas Popcorn Celestial Seasonings (Hain) chips, many varieties. Our HFS has good sales GF corn tortilla with filling (PB&J, avocado, cheese, deli...
Here's my general GF plain foods list: Potatoes (mashed, boiled, baked, fried, potato chipped; white, red, gold, and sweet varieties) Corn (cob, frozen, canned, mission tortilla, popcorn cooked on stovetop) Squash: (spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and cheese OR butter and herbs, acorn/butternut squash with butter, spices, cane sugar, pumpkin pudding) Rice (white, brown, boiled, baked, rice pudding, hot rice cereal) Buckwheat (cakes, Bob's Red Mill has GF...
agreeing with krankeyedann, when you have celiac and you can't afford mixes (or don't want to use them) you have to just give up on GF versions of typical wheat foods... I have celiac disease, and so do my four homeschooled sons (ages 4 to 12). I hear you about the sensory issues and delayed feeding issues. BTDT ((((hugs))) You need other carb options for your little one's snacks. Whole foods and natural, easy to fix, affordable. I'll list some of our favorites and...
The follow up could be, "Thank you, but I'm sure I just really need to say no this time." I have found this to work in any situation in the whole wide world. If you nod and smile in a truly open way, no (polite person) will challenge you on it; they'll understand that you must have your reasons. It draws a boundary without being rude IMO
Very interesting! This is all new to me. Years ago, I faithfully took Bragg's apple cider vinegar and raw local honey three times per day, the last being at bedtime. I have lupus, and I've really struggled with candida caused by long term steroid use. ACV plus honey seemed to help when I was feeling the worst. I also lost weight. I'm starting up the ACV and honey again. Is there anything in this new info that would contraindicate the ACV with the honey at...
: