or Connect

Posts by HaikuMommy

I would love to have a LWAB thread.... I'm not ready to give up the connection with ladies whose babies are the same age, and who were preg same time as me, and supported each other!
I am currently living in California where we have 6 weeks disability followed by 6 weeks of family bonding time if we choose to take it (both are at 40% salary I believe). I am still in that 12-week period, and my heart hurts for you, knowing how hard it will be to go back to work when your little one is still so tiny. With my first DD, I was able to stay home with her until she was about 22 months, and with DD3 I stayed home til she was 17 months before going back to...
I have three girls, and this is my belief: If early-on they get used to falling asleep on the breast, or while being rocked, or bounced or whatever, then that is what they will need to get to sleep from then on unless you retrain them (which sometimes doesn't even seem possible!). My first would fall asleep at the breast, and thereafter always needed boob to get to sleep (or back to sleep if she woke in the night). I weaned her at 1 year old but she never slept all the way...
Quote: Originally Posted by AutumnAir DD2 isn't quite as HN as DD1 was/is, but she's pretty demanding too. I can't put her down anywhere safely because DD1 is all over her - she loves her, but has absolutely no concept of being gentle or quiet around the baby. I can't even count the number of times I'd just managed to get DD2 to sleep and then DD1 came charging in like a herd of baby elephants and woke her up again, so that I was left with a screaming...
I can relate, especially about wishing my girls would nap at the same time so I could get some rest. Seems like every time I get 2yo down for a nap the baby wakes up and wants to be held. And hubby gets to sleep thru the night, go out w friends, etc. while I am busy breastfeeding. (But he does change lots of diapers and if I wanted to pump some bottles and leave him with the girls, he would take on that challenge.) I would say it has gotten easier over the last couple...
Yep, I have three things: 1) an appt Mon to get that IUD; 2) a box of condoms; 3) a mind that is slightly more open to having another child sometime in the future. Just not now!
The blood test came back NEGATIVE! I have never been on such a roller coaster in my life, I am 95% relieved and 5% sad. Mostly relieved because my body still isnt recovered from 7 week old, and also having three under 3yo was a scary proposition. DH seems to be 60% sad and 40% relieved. He wants a son so much. Thank you all for your congrats, even though it was a false positive!
Quote: Originally Posted by lisalulu Congtaulations And good for you for giving that nurse a note-how rude of her! That rude woman wasn't a nurse, just an OBGYN patient in the waiting room. We may have conceived at 6 weeks PP. We first DTD 2 days before the 6 week mark, and 2 more times within the next 7 days. That's it! I'm not even 8 weeks PP yet! If I am pregnant, I would have conceived less than 2 weeks ago. The nurse had said the...
Hi, I'm HaikuMommy or Haiku for short. I am in shock. I just had a baby August 7, 2010 and when I went to get an IUD put in today, they told me my preg test came back positive! I had a blood test to confirm but won't get the results for 24-48 hours. I have a 22yo DD (yes, born in 1987), a 2yo DD, a 7 week old DD, and now apparently a new little one is coming... ay yi yi! The two youngest would be 9 mo and 6 weeks apart! Honestly, I'd be relieved if the blood test...
Quote: Originally Posted by HaikuMommy Yes, this was our last! But don't tell DH ;-) I will be getting an IUD because he just doesn't want me to lock that door. Anyone have recommendations between ParaGard vs. Mirena? (copper vs. hormonal) Joke's on me! Positive pregnancy test at appt for IUD implantation (7 weeks PP). Holy cow...