or Connect

Posts by nicole528

My DD was just like this (she is now 4.5 months). She only slept on me and needed to be held and moving while awake. Needless to say, it was quite exhausting! What helped us was wearing her a lot in the beginning. Once she fell asleep on me, my husband would wrap her up and wear her while he did some work on the computer. What also helped us was the 'Miracle Blanket' (it's just a good swaddle blanket). We were told about it when she was about 10 weeks old and she...
Quote: Originally Posted by R2d2 I'm constantly being told to CIO and other things because my sister's LO sleeps through the night, puts herself to sleep, can sit quietly in a room without entertainment, etc. The whole idea of babies being so self-sufficient has recently struck a nerve with me recently. It saddens me to think of babies soothing themselves to sleep, sitting quietly by themselves, etc.This is something I have observed from my...
This is a great topic... both comical and sad! Being a first time mom, I think so many people feel it is their duty to give us unsolicited advice. But my mother, who has been trying to be very supportive, just can't help herself sometimes! She constantly tried to get me to give DD a bottle as soon as DD was born and said I'd 'be sorry for waiting'! She thinks we are crazy (and dangerous) for co-sleeping and 'has never seen a baby held so much'! When I am over her...
I'm new to MDC and I can't tell you all how helpful reading the thread has been! I'm a new mom and my DD is 11 weeks old and is HN. She needs to be held most of the time and also needs movement most of the time. She will not sleep unless on me or DH or next to me in bed. Although things have gotten a little easier as she has gotten a little older (the first six weeks where the most difficult), she is not and never will be considered an "easy" baby! And I am finally...
We did a 3.5 hour trip with my DD, who hated the car and her carseat, when she was 9 weeks old. What worked for us was white noise. We would turn static on the radio up real high and it usually calmed her down. I also pumped in the car and gave her a bottle (although it only worked one time during the trip). When she got really upset, we just pulled over and I nursed her and held her for a little while until she was calm and then we would try again. She actually slept...