or Connect

Posts by lunarlady

No advice here but total sympathy. My 3 year old still nurses to sleep also. I try to pop her off when she is mostly asleep, but usually that just makes her cry. Lately I've been telling her that the num-nums need sleep too, which seems to help after an hour or so.... I also have a frustrated DH who complains that he isn't getting "snuggled" to sleep... Sigh. I just hope that this too shall pass (and soon!)
I know this is an old thread, but I have found Omega-3's and Iodine were two nutrients I was lacking. More seaweed for the iodine helped immensely, and switching to pasture raised eggs and milk for the higher omega-3's really helped neutralize my constant cravings. Good luck!
I, too, hated tandem nursing. I endured it for four months because I didn't want to make big sis feel the baby had stolen me from her. But finally I had enough. I explained to DD how the baby only ate milk, but she ate lots of things. Mommy was having trouble making enough milk and having enough time to nurse both of them. Since she could eat food, she needed to give her milkies to the baby. I asked how many more times she wanted to nurse. She said three. We...
Mine likes to brag to her friends "my mommies num-nums are the best and just for me!" usually accompanied by illustrative hand gestures that meant titty-twister when I was a teen. And she tells daddy that his num-nums are no good...he should try harder. (Ha!)
You are a hero. You say any woman would agree, but I think some would not. You are on the same level as that doctor. You should hold yourself in the same esteem - what you went through saved your baby's life. My good friend went through a similar experience. She had an emergancy c-section. She had a spinal placed, but when they shifted her to the table it became malpositioned. She felt the whole surgery, from first cut to staples. The pain was so intense she...
Tramatic birth is so hard to get over. I struggled with mine for over a year on a daily basis. But it wasn't until my baby was 2 that I admitted I was getting worse instead of better. I started seeing a therapist and taking antidepressants. Once the worse fog lifted I was able to start processing my feelings and overcoming my anger and grief. Now I am starting to examine underlying causes for my issues, including poor nutrition, loss of my spirituality, and fatigue. ...
I would reccomend finding some great labor support who can advocate for you if needed. A doula is great, but if not available a close friend/sister can be a good substitute. Someone who is less emotionally involved in the birth than your DH, but willing to go to the mat to fight for you during labor, get you that sandwich AMA, and help you know if the provider is making reccomendatoins based on medical fact or some other reason. A great labor coach can make all the...
I did onesies because my kids are obsessed with getting naked, and around seven months they start figuring out the Velcro and snaps on their diapers and removing them. Onsie snaps are out of their visual range so much harder to undo. Once they get to that point, I figure it is time for toilet training!
I feel for you.  It takes me years to make friends.  And that is years of regular contact.  As a mom, regular contact is a joke.  I do not count standing on the sidelines watching my kid play as regular contact.   It is very, very hard for me to make friends.  I still remember my panic over my wedding when my husband informed me that he was going to have five groomsmen.  I did not have five friends.  No joke.   I also know that feeling of perfectionism.  I can parent...
It was emotionally challenging to sell my car. It was the one "luxury" item I thought we could afford, and it was great. Seating for seven, power tailgate, Bluetooth, satellite radio....I really loved that car. But you know what? My $6k car is actually pretty good too. And the extra $ every month will be worth it. I'm tired of watching our money like a hawk because we are so close to the line each month. Less debts means less stress, and that is more relaxing than...