or Connect

Posts by Jacqui

if you have the extra money planning for a postpartum doula a few times a week for the fist few weeks would be lovely.....
I second the Noise Machine! It is much easier than having to discover your baby needs noise to sleep and running the hair dryer all night! Homedics has one for around $20 it has definitely been in our top 3 of baby items we could not live without. The other 2 being our ergo and sadly our bouncy chair (where our little guy still takes his naps at 6 months.!) but you sound way more prepared than I ever was! Good job on the huge cloth diaper stash. We are washing our 12...
Tanyam- thanks for all the suggestions, i am actually doing all of the above and have been for 4 months. 3 rounds of gv and diflucan for 2 months. i really think it all comes down to my diet. I will keep everyone posted!
Thanks for all the tips! It has been over a week since i had any refined sugar! (except the occasional nibble on a dark dark chocolate bar, thanks for validating my loophole) I am trying to follow the entire candida diet. I think i can finally feel the yeast dying, it is miserable! But at least its a sign the end might be near. Thank you everyone for your support, it really helped to just make a statement to you guys and have some accountability.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms. Cellaneous That's a really funny way of putting it. Yes, I've also got a Yeti in my shower drain. And a lovely carpet of hair on the bathroom floor. It's totally normal. Due to hormones (too tired to look up which ones) you don't lose hair during pregnancy, then once baby arrives, you go back to normal rate of shedding, but because you have so much extra hair built up over the pregnancy you lose a lot more hair than...
Is anyone else's hair falling out? Is this normal? My shower drain looks like a yetti. It's not too bad b/c i have always had a ton of hair but geeze......should i be worried?
thank you all for your ideas and encouragement! Quote: Originally Posted by doubledutch i feel you! a. hfcs has mercury in it. b. are you a tea-drinker at all? i used to be addicted to chai lattes, but now i can enjoy a cup of chai tea, no sugar, no cream, no nothin' c. protein. you are craving sugar, but what you really need is protein. how do you feel about hard boiled eggs? mixed nuts? hummus with veggies or pita chips? ants on a log? lentil...
Tristan has had a rash on his face for the last couple weeks. about a week ago i realized it was from nursing in the side lying position overnight. he would get milk on his cheeks or on the sheets then just lay in it for a few hours since we would both fall asleep, gross i know. Since realizing this i have tried to remember to wipe his face after nursing with a wash cloth or my shirt and with a damp cloth in the morning. it has cleared up a lot and is almost gone. Just...
I need some help or accountability at least! I have had Breast Thrush for over 4 months! My son has been asymptomatic this whole time. You name the treatment and I have tried it...including daily grapefruit seed (oral and topical), and 2 months of diflucan! I know that it all comes down to my diet. I am having a horrible time cutting out sugar from my diet. The problem is that all of these treatments, mostly the GSE, are making it so that it is not that painful but it...
Mods if this is not okay to have here please let me know and i will happily move it. if you are looking to get certified as a DONA birth and/or postpartum doula i have several books from the reading lists that i am willing to part with for a good deal. I was going to stick them on craigslist/ebay but thought i would check here first! These are the ones that i am selling: "The Doula Book" by Klaus, Kennell, and Klaus "Mothering the New Mother" by Placksin "The...