or Connect

Posts by Ravenlunatic

Okay, sorry for that curt reply... so maybe your child is reacting this way for another reason.  Is there a history here to look at other than your diet?  Do you have your children vaccinated?  Have they been given steroids or antibiotics?  do they suffer from other ailments (are they verbal)?    If it is what you are eating, have you tried the GAPS Diet?  This is an increasingly popular way to eat if you have dietary, digestive, or bowel issues?  Maybe your child is...
Also, I want to add...   Formula WILL make everything worse (except you can eat what you want at that point).  Formula in my opinion is a choice you make only when you haven't any breast milk... it really does aggravate the babies digestive tracts.   How old is your child?   This makes a HUGE difference.    I have to go all of a sudden, will be back.
I would agree with the pp.  Maybe some other things that you could look into would be... do you drink caffiene of any kind???  Some people are more sensitive than others when it comes to this and if you do say have some, it could affect your child way differently than it affects you.   Also, have you thought about chiropractic?  I know that the chiropractic adjustments I get always, always, always help me sleep better... my dd too.  She even said so the other day,...
Hi,  just saw your post and wanted to respond.  It has been several years since I had a nursling, but when my dd was an infant I had to figure some food sensitivities out too.    So, I am confused by your question about antibodies??? I will assume for this reply that you are talking about symptoms.  Like your baby has symptoms of allergy (gas, irritability, skin rash or bum rash) than there are antibodies present?????  I don't know, but symptoms are symptoms.  If you...
So have you researched the area?  If you have you will know that 'Sedona' is fairly small and most folks who move there without lots of $$$$ end up living in Cottonwood, Clarkddale, Camp Verde or another surrounding community... and maybe drive the 20 miles to Sedona to work.  There are neighborhoods inside of Sedona of coarse, but I think they are much pricier to live in.    Also if you are a free lance makeup artist for the television and film I would guess that...
So we are moving to a 'farm' that is situated right on a river.  We live in the southwest and so the river is dry some of the year, flowing some of the year and in between a lot.    My concern here is about dirty standing water really.  I know that animals poop in the riverbed and the water is very full of algea.  My 7 year old practically rolls in the deep mud and certainly runs barefoot through this riverbed.  She will be constantly in this water starting in June...
I always eat pasta sauce and meatballs on only vegetable... started with spag squash but sometimes don't have time to prepare it right before a meal and so I just chop (long ways) any vegg I have in the house and sautee away with olive oil, onion, and garlic.  My favorites are spinach, kale, zucc, tomato, onion and garlic, peas, string beans... hmmm, what else can add?
This is interesting and I do agree.  Think of it this way, if you have a stream that is loaded with sticks and twigs and mud and some trash you won't really notice the 'new' soda can that has been thrown into the water and is now floating alongside of the rest of the muck.  Should you clean out the stream and leave it clear and running nice, well than you will sure notice the soda can as soon as it hits the water.  KWIM?   Your dad is correct and if you venture down...
I totally feel for you.  I would guess that it is just the processing of the food that makes it harder to digest or something.  Or maybe you eat way more pasta than you would rice and so can't adequately digest it.    That is what the deal is for me.  I have terrible trouble with a great deal of food (was gluten free for a long time and am now grain/starch free).  For me it is that I ingest way more (almond) flour than I would almonds and so I can't digest it well...
A whole new world indeed!    What is that you don't like about keeping the diet up long term?    I know it is daunting at times but my reaction now to corn is nothing like what it was 3 years ago.  I know I still shouldn't eat it, and I do have a reaction but a tummy ache and wierd poop for 2 days is worth a couple a fresh made corn tortillas sometimes!    I think once you heal the gut, A LOT more is possible as you go.   I think that most people eat a...