or Connect

Posts by RoamingWidgeteer

It is really important thing for you to have a clear idea of how the site should work*. Find some examples you like that you can show to the developer, and they don't need to be diaper stores. You will need a site with a CMS (content management system) to make updating content as easy as writing a post on this forum :) - the last thing you want is to have an expensive developer change text for you.   NAK but send me a message if you want more info - I'm in the...
I can't comment on the feasibility of another diaper store, but I know what I would have liked when I started looking - a store that clearly and simply explained the pros & cons of the different diaper types and brands.   Most of the store I've seen make it seem too complicated, assume you know what you want (how can you know if you're expecting your first and have never changed a diaper?!) or have far too much text, but not enough info. A short video showing how...
During the day DS naps in the crib in the open space kitchen/living room because its so much easier to tell when he wakes up. Our shared bed is on the floor with an old sleeping bag beside the mattress in case he rolls off during the night (its happened a couple of times and doesn't phase him at all). We have hardwood floors too, but while it may be a little dusty under the bedframe, I don't actually consider it dirty. Anyway, we're sleeping on top of the mattress, not...
I don't think there's a standard protocol - its seems to be whatever works for that set of people. In our case, DH has a very common last name, mine isn't. I figured we'd use his last name if it was a boy and mine if it was a girl (like a friend did), but DH wanted to use mine irrespective of gender. Mind you, his last name got used for the middle name so its still part of the equation :)
This is the original Learning Tower.   But if you're handy you can build one, like Ana White's Little Helping Tower. Its on the to-do list!
When I still lived in the city I used to cycle down the back alleys on recycling day and "shop" for the garden (one reason I never leave home without some bungees). I got some excellent pots that way :)   Some recycling depots will also put pots aside for reuse.  
Get a serger! Its so much faster and I prefer the serged edges to turn&topstitch for diapers because the fabric of the elastic casing lies flatter. Once you have the serger, you'll be using it much more than you think now because its faster than a sewing machine and feeds better. Not to mention the stretchier seems for jersey and lycra.   Oh,and back to Wazoodle - yes the terry sheds bits, but stop if shaken out or once finished & washed.  And the kits contain very...
I've been using the kits and like them but havent tried any other brand so cant compare. the small size is very small, and you can make them less bulky by only sewing in 2 layers of zorb instead of three. small would have only fit for about a month for us (never used cause fingers were too swollen from water retension to sew) havent tried the bamboo lined ones but the pique liner is better than i had thought - the poop seems to stick so it doesnt squish out...
Find a neighbour with a compost or ask at an allotment garden. There's also a Vancouver Freecycle.
Unless you're fertilizing with manure, there won't be parasites in the soil that can transmit to humans. Veggie based compost is no problem, and even manure is ok if its composted at sufficient temperature to kill the pathogens. Mind you, this is a north american perspective and may not be true for the tropics.   I suspect ds will be eating the occasional bug, beetle and worm this year and that's ok. Insects are good sources of protein ;-)