or Connect

Posts by crazyms

I also want to point out that sometimes kids learn things in "gaps." What I mean is something that they don't seem to know they can all of a sudden grasp and even surpass in educational skills. My son for the longest time just absolutely.could.not get counting from 11-20. Don't know why he shouldn't could not get those numbers right. When it hit him he went from barely counting past ten to counting to well over 100 just like that. I was so happy I wanted to cry. Same with...
I'm also trying to introduce more ritual in our home and get the kids involved. It's been a strange few months here as ds started talking about wanting to go to church a while back. I've been very disenchanted with Christianity but Orthodoxy was the one thing I hadn't completely disregarded and hadn't fully checked out. I found a local church here and tried attending and reading more about it but while it wasn't quite clicking for me I decided it was at least acceptable as...
That free day at the museum sounds awesome. I hope you get your date lunch and enjoy the long weekend with the family. I'm so ready to move! I wish we had things like that here to do! There's absolutely nothing in my area because of the dynamic making it unsafe to go most places and nothing is free because it'd get overrun and abused. Everything that has ever opened up here has closed within a couple of months from murders or overall dangerous behavior by the patrons. Just...
I wouldn't like leaving her home along either but at least she's old enough she'll be fine. Maybe you spoil her when you get home and feel better. Honestly if she's feeling crudy she might like the time to relax at home alone today. I know it sucks to lose that money and it's gonna take some juggling to figure out but I think it's absolutely wonderful that your son is doing so well! Congrats for him for overcoming his challenges and all the work you put into helping him....
I think that a special gift sounds like a wonderful idea! If you really want to do something special or "pay more" and can't afford  to what about a childcare swap? You said she's a mother also so are there maybe times you could take her LO or her children to give her a total break from kids? I'm thinking maybe you keep her kids one or two nights a month for free to give her a night out/off or a day out and that be part of her pay/bonus. I'm sure it'd be totally...
I work PT on weekend nights so definitely some of the least desirable hours for finding childcare. I work from 5p-12/1a also so it's more of a swing shift type schedule that requires afternoon and evening/night care as I have to drop them off around 4-4:30 and get them sometime around 1am. I have a few people that I pay to keep them depending on the week. If you really do have to find other childcare try looking for a SAHM that might would do it for the extra money. If you...
Definitely call around to local child care centers about drop in care or check for SAHMs. I currently watch my nephew for SIL to take classes and she does pay me but that's because I could use the money and she has it. Her grandmother had been planning to pay for her comm coll but she her tuition was entirely covered by scholarships/grants and she had a baby her senior year of high school so her grandmother said stay on track and I'll pay for all childcare while you attend...
Well I suppose I am financially dependent on dh right now because he makes the majority of our money even though I do WOH pt. This is going to go through drastic changes this year as I'm likely going to quit that job in the next few weeks but will be most likely working FT by the end of the year once all three children can be in some kind of school come Aug/Sep. I don't think about it too much although I do hate it but that comes from being surrounded by single women that...
I don't know about a lot of cities across the US but Austin, TX and Atlanta, GA come to mind. Both are good sized cities with semi-rural areas not far outside of them. My cousin lived in Elgin, TX at one point and was 15 min outside of Austin but still surrounded by horse farms in her location. It was truly amazing there and I know Austin is a very liberal friendly alternative thinking town. Whole Foods is headquartered there and there are dozens of great natural family...
It's been a crazy week here with the kids out for spring break so I haven't been on much. Dh will finally be home again Wed night after a 3 week workover hitch. It's been strange having him gone so long after not working over since Oct but I'm really glad for the extra money. I seriously hope this means he can go back to working over and doing 3 weeks every month because that will make a major increase in our income. I'm really ready to quit my job. The money that I make...