or Connect

Posts by Truvie

I fractured mine during my first labor and was concerned about it happening again, since recovery was so awful, but I had zero problems in my second labor! Both times my babies were malpositioned in the same way, too. I pushed for 5 hours with my first, and my second was only 45 minutes.
We have a Great Pyr livestock guardian who is a super dog. We adopted him from a Great Pyr rescue group as a 2-3 yo dog. We're moving soon and will have significantly less acreage for him to patrol, and only some chickens to watch over instead of his usual sheep. We want him to be more of a family pet, but I don't know if he'll like the transition. He's very friendly and always comes over to greet us, but then he loses interest in us quickly and goes back to his...
I think that faint pink on tp sounds like a scratch. You can get another blood draw for hcg again, and that will tell you how fast your levels are rising. I hope you don't worry too much! I went to see our family doctor the other day (not pregnancy related) and, after I telling her that I'm pregnant, she said, "oh, let's listen for the heartbeat." I declined, but my ds started begging and, I don't know why, I said, okay, but just for 30 seconds! Somehow the doctor found...
I just can't believe that I'm only in my 7th week and my pants are tight around the waist at the end of the day. This pregnancy was a surprise for us; I've spent the past year working so hard to lose 75 lbs and had *just* bought size 12 jeans (and taken my bigger sizes to the thrift store). In the past couple days my stomach has popped out. But, I'm trying to enjoy what will probably be my last pregnancy. I'll get to enjoy my new jeans next year!
Some of the names we like right now are: Lucia Paloma Rosanda Birdie Sebastian Bruno My son's middle name is my dad's name, and my daughter's first and middle names are after my mom and sister ... makes me feel like I have to use one of my dh's family names for a middlename this time around -- aack! Does anyone know any variations of "Barbara" that are nice?? If it's a boy we can include his family by using dh's name.
My second birth was completely different from my birth, even though both my kids were posterior with their heads turned at the same funny angle. My second labor would have been easier for me if I didn't have preconceived ideas about how it was going to go. My first labor was very long (25 hrs of active labor, with 5 hrs pushing). I had it in my head that my second would be 12 hours with less pushing. What I got was 4 hours start to finish. It was way more intense that...
I'm not sure yet. We might be relocating to another state during this pregnancy. Right now we're in a rural area, far enough from a hospital that I couldn't find a midwife willing to come out here in the past. If we move we'll be closer to a town. Also, I had blood pressure problems at the end of my last two pregnancies. I've lost quite a bit of weight since my last, though, so hopefully that will help. I also developed an unusual medical condition since the birth of my...
I had a huge hematoma (can't remember the dimensions anymore, but I could tell the midwives weren't too optimistic). I bled heavily from week 8 - 20, on and off, and had a 10 lb full-term baby boy with no complications. We could see the hematoma in the placenta, though, which was neat.
Our first house was a fixer-upper, with *mostly* cosmetic repairs needed. We had an inspection done before buying, but still ended up getting surprised by some pretty major repairs (the roof starting leaking the day we moved in, for instance). The house had been a rental for many years, and I think the lack of regular maintenance created more problems than anything else. Every week something broke; it was almost unbelievable. My dh and I underestimated the number of...
Hi! I switched to a vegan diet about 4 months ago. I love it. I also haven't been eating any grains (though I've added a couple slices of sprouted bread and some brown rice since finding out I'm pregnant). I've been struggling to add protein to my diet. Normally I eat a couple cups of beans per day and a couple handfuls of walnuts. My midwife says that isn't enough. I'm not big on tofu or too many soy products, so I feel a little stuck. What do you eat for protein? I'm not...