or Connect

Posts by azmomma

Okay so I'm hoping for a VBAC any time now! I am 39 weeks tomorrow. Had OMT Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy for the past 3 weeks. Been drinking RRTL and taking EPO capsules for about a week. Went to OB this Wednesday and was 3 almost 4cm, 80%, and -2...she stripped membranes. Had bloody show then...and today lost mucos plug and more pink bloody show... braxton hicks are now having a little "disomfort" as opposed to nothing before...and more cramping... Any idea how...
I had a c/s with my son, and now I am 38 wks and hoping for a successful VBAC! I started Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy (OMT) a couple weeks ago for natural induction. Last night I started feeling like I would if I were on my period (cramping in lower "crotch" area, pressure, heaviness etc.). I felt some braxton hicks as well, but since last night and into today "period feeling". I'm not bleeding or anything. No water breaking. No mucos plus or anything else....
That is so awesome! Amazing story! Congratulations on your labor & delivery an healthy baby!
good thing we ahve all said good things... lol... but in all seriousness what is "PM" (in regards to negative)? I originally posted this thread to try to figure out if I made the right switch for OB's...and thank you all for your input/feedback...I love this new office and the doula I have come across through their office as well. Thanks everyone
Does anyone have any advice on choosing a doula? I just interviewed my first last night and feel really good about her. I know she is more "natural" than I am having had a HBAC, and other things. Which I'm okay with and she says that she supports what I want to do even though it wasn't what she did. I'm just trying to make sure I make right choice. I know this maybe sounds wierd - but I think that the doula is most important during labor - they are the one's there with...
That's awesome!!! Congratulations...and I think that is just absolutely WONDERFUL that you knew your body and your limits and that extra push you needed (pit/epidural), and it worked for YOU! I think that's the most important thing in a VBAC - doing what is right and comfortable for YOU! Congrats!
Quote: Originally Posted by mollikins The risk of UR is about 1 in 500 (.5%) in labors where no artificial induction or progression medications are used (i.e. no prostaglandins). The risk of UR in non-scarred uteri is primarily for women carrying multiples or women with GD and a very large baby, but it does occasionally happen in women with no other risk factors. It generally is more catastrophic than UR in a VBAC case, b/c VBACs are almost always...
Quote: Originally Posted by MsBlack You've gotten great suggestions from these marvelous wise women so do please take their words to heart! I can't offer anything more, except this on Vit E: A full year after my csec, I hated how my scar looked and I still had some pain inside, when doing certain yoga stretches (anything that stretched the abs, like back-bending poses). A friend gave me a jar of a high quality Vit E cream, and urged me to try it...
Quote: Originally Posted by BarnMomma As of now, we have two options for a VBAC. But a home VBAC still has me nervous. I can't shake the fear of uterine rupture and not making it to the hospital on time. And at the the same time I want to be nowhere near a hospital becasue I find them to be unwelcoming, germy, and I'd rather be somewhere I'm comfortable. I feel very scarred from my first hospital birth experience. And I hate that...
Quote: Originally Posted by kellij I'm too nervous about not being in a hospital. One of the very few drs here that does a vbac is at a hospital that is currently reviewing whether or not they will continue to allow vbacs. Apparently a uterus ruptured and a baby died a couple of months ago. Clearly, I think that is the worst nightmare for all of us. I don't want to have to question whether it would have made a difference if I was at the hospital if...