or Connect

Posts by azmomma

Okay I've been mostly reading on various different sites that you should NEVER use pitocin for a vbac - could create complications. Then I just talked to someone that said that it may be helpful in the very end if you are progressing but just need that extra little "kick". I want to have a VBAC, but I don't want to be induced. I strongly believe that's why I had a c-section with my DS. I am okay with waiting till 41 or 42 weeks (however long my provider will go)...to...
Thank you EVERYONE for your input! I just got off the phone with Sally Stevens from my local ICAN chapter (Central Arizona I believe...I live in East Valley - Gilbert). She was very helpful. She recommended a couple names in addition to the one I am planning on going with if I like him after my 1st appointment this coming week (Dr. Kells). She mentioned Brittany Hamilton at Mt. Vista (off Crismon in Mesa), and Bethenney Womens - Kristine Bath or Brath?? She said...
Thank you so much for your input! I called my current ob (Goodman & Partridge)...here in AZ they are very "popular". They are a HUGE practice with several locations, several docs etc. I asked if I could have them "promise" that I could have a specific doc when I labor. They said - no you will get who's on call. So that was one red flag (I said I don't care which VBAC doc it is...but want one proficient in VBAC...not someone who doesn't support it). So then I said okay well...
I am working toward preparing for a VBAC pretty late in the game. I am nearly 27 weeks pregnant and one of the docs at the practice I go to STRONGLY encouraged me to VBAC! So I have been researching like crazy. NOW... I am wondering what to do between now and 40 weeks to be ready i.e. continue good diet/exercise. But also in regards to midwife and letting labor start naturally (no pitocin) etc. I have been in mindset of "oh I had a c-section on my first...so this...
How many weeks can you wait for natural labor to begin before you "have" to have a c-section according to Chandler Regional and Banner Gateway policy? Anyone know? 40? 41? 42?
I am looking at using Dr. Kells for my VBAC. I'm currently at Goodman & Partridge, but after all the research I've done I really want a midwife AND I don't want some random doc that's on-call...I want for example...Dr. Kells and/or one of his 2 midwives. I want to be comfortable and have trust that they will be there through labor with me and monitor and know EVERYTHING that is going on to make good decisions/actions throughout. I feel that the reason I had a c-section...
I have NOT had a VBAC...am looking into one. The doc that urged me to consider this has done VBACS at both Chandler Regional and Banner Gateway. I asked her point blank...which facility is better...or more recommended in your professional opinion. She basically said that while Banner is new and sparkly and great...she would recommend Chandler because they have a better nursery, more established EVERYTHING etc. She said just because something is new doesn't mean it's...
I don't really know where to start ( I feel like I have enough questions to start several threads lol). In a nutshell I went for a routine visit to my doctor's office (which has several offices, with several doc's). I saw a doc I had never seen before and she STRONGLY urged me to consider VBAC. No one else really had. SOOO I have just been on track for a 2nd c-section after an emergency c-section with my DS in December '07. Here's the problem: I have been online 24/7...