or Connect

Posts by karmamamaa

To this day my mum still talks about my 46 year old brothers colic-with DD #1 she was soon easy and DD#2 was like a whole different ball game. I can't really get into the details because I can't remember much (sleep deprivation) however, with all the different theories flying around about what colic "is" the one that most disturbed me in the beginning was the one that ended up giving me the most comfort- the theory that colic or extended crying is an adjustment to the...
As an ex flight attendant, and world traveller with two DDs, this is my advice: Is the baby a lap child on this flight? Even if they are, if you're planning on checking a car seat ask about the loads when you check in. If the flight isn't full, usually they can switch you to two seats together and the baby can possibly ride in the cars eat next to you for "free"! Even if they only sit in it for two minutes, hey it's extra space! (and a good ledge to lean on while...
Head down today at midwife appt.   I'm so pleased...I think yoga helped more than inversions. What a relief! Stay baby stay....
I'm not sure if the referral OB will do breech births. I know with my first they were out of the question, but I can just see a situation where I would be "allowed" to have one but with stipulations on how, when, and where I labor. Which is just stressful to me.   With my daughter there was definately less room, I just feel like unlike the first time where they took the normal wait and see approach they're being very preemptive this time in regards to the babies...
Hey ladies, I'm currently stressed to the max because at my "32 week appt" (which was really at 31 weeks) my girlie was breech....again. With DD she was breech and I narrowly avoided certain c-section-ing by having an ECV at 38 weeks...when I saw midwife last tuesday I was absolutely certain she was head down but lo and behold there she was....sitting on my bladder...legs everywhere. My midwife was very sweet about the whole thing and just told me to do my...
I'm due on the 27th and we've been going to my best friends family's house since I was four, and they do kind of a big semi-catered party event....it gets a little wild actually hehe.   So, if I'm early again then I'm going to go and enjoy myself! And if its not time yet, then I'm going to go and enjoy myself!   Hosting would drive me nuts! I am semi-planning a Christmas party at this time and I'm already wondering if its the best idea....the little one will...
I'm not too much of a freezer as we don't have a stand alone one but I like to make rich dishes like boeuf bourguignon or coq au vin to freeze for later. I try to use the best ingridients I can get and make it kind of a luxury dish, all my husband has to do is pick up a crusty loaf of bread and some greens for salad and I feel like its total comfort food.  I guess if its kind of a "treat" then I won't forget its back there when the time comes. We're not even that big...
I don't think we're going to do any classes this time. We did hypnobirthing with DD and though I really didn't end up "clicking" with it during the actual event, I really enjoyed the time my husband and I got to spend together with like-minded couples and each other during the series. Also, our instructor gave us some great local hospital "tips" and the like...as well as logistical reminders etc. I really want to get a doula this time I think I'm just more responsive to...
Go for it! 22 weeks you'll be fine...rarely do airlines actually ever ask for documentation but I find some international carriers have stricter policies (usually due to long distances over water traveled, etc) and I would just get a note from your OB or midwife just in case. Most domestic airlines are 36 weeks, some asian carriers can go as "low" as 32 weeks for requiring documentation, but again appearance is rather subjective so you're unlikely to be asked. Other...
I'm still flying super full time and unfortunately at my airline its either all or nothing....So I'm really trying to work this full month and see how far I can get into September...my midwife leaves it up to me mainly for when I "give in"....but I just worked three very busy flights up and down the east coast on four hours sleep and after about twelve hours of that every bone in my body begins to hurt, and the tips of my toes to my ankles just are throbbing....