or Connect

Posts by BenimBebek

Wow.  IMO, seems like you think a lot of people make asinine comments.  It hurts that you would judge us just for having differing opinions than you.   Glad to know about the block feature though, I will definitely give it a try.  Luckily I have a lot of will power :)
  Thank god MDC has you to police other peoples threads for them and let everyone know what the rules are!  You should be getting paid for the job you're doing.     Labeling me judgmental because of my differing opinion of the risk/benefits of EP is the height of hypocrisy.     I never judged anyone, I only ever said that I thought EPing ran the risk of underfeeding your baby, as well as numerous other potential problems.   Just because I don't start every post "IMO"...
I think if you read the whole thread you would realize you are coming very late to the discussion and we've moved way past such comments.   But I agree with you, which is why I was not being judgmental.  I was stating my opinion based off of what I witnessed.  I never once said, moms who EP are bad... or anything like that.  I said that I didnt think promoting it as an alternative to breastfeeding was safe, because it runs the risk of having something just like what...
Im out of the country and dont have all my research.  a lot is handwritten anyway, but I do have one saved online!  i extracted all data from WHO VPD 2009 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBuywjpb6NZdGljSlJETWhLSDJ1ODE0ZGl6RlNjb3c&hl=en_US#gid=1
she isnt working as an au pair.  just for a few weeks to help that family who could find a day care that would take their baby.  but luckily the whole thing was resolved, ironically, as a result of day care.    
There's one thing I think we all need to remember.  Midwives are not like a normal business.  I think some of us go into it expecting it to be "consumer driven,"  but MW's are in a strange position where they get to know you intimately, they really become your friend, but they also need to get paid, because its their job.   And lets not forget, not everyone is meant to be friends.  Some people's personalities JUST DONT MESH.  Pregnant moms are very sensitive and on...
Yeah this is how I am.  Its the only way I have found to survive.  Im fb friends with so many MDs now that all my HS friends are finishing the graduate education.  So I see tons of pro-vax stuff.  I will post some articles if they are from "main stream" sources and pose questions about their accuracy.  Sometimes I will post a link to a journal article.  Just so people see there are two sides and they have options.  But I have yet to try and convince someone.  If asked...
Yes!  You totally get me!  Thank you, thank you!  OKay, phew.  That was my exact worry.  That lots of women, instead of trying to understand breastfeeding or get comfortable with it, will believe that they can just avoid it and EP and will end up underfeeding their babies and giving up, just like my friend did.  Thats exactly my concern.  No comment on the moms who are doing it because they have to.  Certainly not.  More power to them.  I think pumping is incredibly...
SO glad you posted Lorrie!  I know many of us who aren't current clients were really worried and wondering what was going on.  Which is why we all came here!  Glad to know that shes not being sued.  Please tell us how we can help!  There are so many past clients and potential future client who PM'd me wondering how to help!!
Thats true.  I just think the risk is pretty high with pumping.  Only because the pump doesnt get as much as a baby would in the same amount of time.  So you end up having to pump so much more... and a new mom is much more likely to not know that then say, not be able to read a formula label.  you know what i mean?