or Connect

Posts by Bebegim

Quote: Originally Posted by thebeljur I've always used the "fishy" kiddie pool with my other births, but this time I'm using the Birth Pool in a Box. My friend is lending me the one she used at her birth, so I just have to buy a liner. DDCC! I from the Dec group and planning a home water birth and cannot decide if I should rent from my MW ($150-$200--whatever is available this late-- plus the waterbirth kit for $80) OR just get the fishy...
Last time I had (aka was tricked) into a c-section and I only wanted family. My parents, siblings and best friend. This time, were having the baby at my parents house (which is 5x the size of our place), so that we can invite everyone. Im not afraid to kick people out, if I need privacy, but I definitely want everyone who is interested in seeing a homebirth and the birth of our DS to be there. Right now, we have 12 people who will be at the house, DH, DD, my sister...
I have been so insanely busy this pregnancy, I have hardly had a chance to be online with your gals at all!! I almost forgot it was my week! The basics.... give us your name, where you live, your age, how many kids you already have, when you're due (whatever you’re comfortable with!) Lauren Outside Baltimore, MD 1 DD (almost 4) Due with DS on December 3 (but I'm thinking he's going to be late... no BH contractions at all and lateness is a pre-req for being part...
im in a similar boat. i was sick a ton with my first (DD- 4yrs). Whole last trimester had a kidney stent/infection was put on medication (never knew I had any other options). Anyways, DD didnt move hardly at all. She was and still is the calmest kid I know. She can get frustrated, dont get me wrong. But she always slept 12 hours through the night as a baby and by 8 months was super uninterested in sleeping with me haha. This little man, oh my, he physically...
huh?! i had have all those same symptoms! All of a sudden last week my belly sank down a bit, Im getting way more feet in the lungs, my cervix is actually hurting more than when he was breech and kicking it. I have almost constant period like cramping in my back and front. If I sat on the potty all day, I would pee every 5 minutes. I thought maybe he was just getting bigger, but now I wonder, maybe he's engaged. My mw doesnt check me down there, so I dont think she'd...
I am so glad you switched! I switched providers 3x during my last pregnancy and twice this one. If I start to get less than comforting feelings, I know that its not the right fit and I will have WAY more stress than necessary during the birthing process. This is one decision that logic is not needed for! So glad you went with your gut!! I hope you will have a wonderful birthing experience with your new mw!!!
My almost-4 year old daughter will be present. Anyone who seems to be handling it poorly will be out until the head crowns. I dont want DD to pick up on their fears. She is very intuitive. Im probably going to put my super hippie sister in charge of being my DD's "birth partner." While my sister and I dont really get along in real life, I know she is behind me 100% with the natural childbirth stuff, so no negativity and fear will be passed to DD. My mother (who had 1...
So glad you suggested I check out this thread Melek! Im in week 3 of hypnobabies myself. Although, I wont lie, I have been slacking a bit. This week I have only done the cd once. but i do the finger drop several times a day, just for fun. haha. and listen to the affirmations almost every night. which i love too. I too "fall asleep" every single time. I think I stayed "awake" only once in three weeks. Maybe twice. Today I did the anesthesia track and I was...
oh you are sooo not alone. Two weekends ago, I went crazy! I cleaned the entire kitchen (were talking, floors, cabinets, walls, the fridge, the light fixtures) like a maniac. Then I made my husband stay up until about 2am cleaning out his closet and giving 4 bags full of things to goodwill. Followed by cleaning the bathroom and bedroom. I was literally eyeing the toothbrush holder trying to decide whose toothbrush could be sacrificed so I could better accomplish my...
I love that your parents named you Charlotte and called you Charlie! My daughter is the same! You're the only person yet I have found whose family calls her Charlie! And you will miss the being one, terribly. I was sick as a dog my whole first pregnancy, but after she was out... wow, i was so sad that we were separated. although, im sure the c-section played a huge role, as I didnt get any of the sweet birth/bonding hormones. I wish i had a cool question to...