or Connect

Posts by louoftwo

My 5 year old who was diagnosed with Celiac and has been gluten free for almost a year is still underweight and not growing. My head is spinning from all the research I've done so far and I don't know where to start with the healing process. It's very apparent that just going gluten free is not enough. I would love some helpful links about healing a leaky gut in young children.
I'm not sure where to go from here and I'm hoping someone here may be able to help. My 5 year old DS weighs 30 lbs and is 41 inches tall. He is in the 10th percentile for height, but not even on the growth chart for weight. In the last 6 month he has gained no weight. I suspected a wheat intolerance and put him on a gluten free diet, which he has been on for a year now. I thought it would have made a difference by now. His diet is ok, he eats a variety of food, lots of...
I had PPD after my first 2 pregnancies, it was especially bad after my second. I considered not having any more children, but like you the desire soon came back. When I became pregnant with my 3rd I was so scared of PPD. I really tried to relax and to rid myself of any negative feelings. I researched for months and had a very peaceful birth and tried to do everything I could before, during and after birth to prevent PPD and bond peacefully with my baby. My 3rd is now a...
My little one is now 17 days old and my body feels as thou it is falling apart. About a week after delivery I noticed that we were starting to get thrush. I imeddiatly decided to do a candida diet (not too extreme, mainly no sugars, yeast, wheat and dairy). I got a prescription for APNO, and started taking probiotics (50 billion a day). Things got worse, not better, I now have a vaginal yeast infection. I started on GSE oral and topical for me and it still got worse....
My 12 month old has been sick with 15 viruses in the past year and I'm getting really frustrated. I have a 3 year old that has only been sick a handful of times in his whole life. Is this normal or could there be something else going on other than a poor immune system. I BF and stay at home with my boys. I have been attempting to boast his immune system, but could use a few other suggestions. Thanks for any imput.
My DS had this problem as well, and I found that giving him a warm herbal tea, good for colds, thoughout the day and especially in the evening before bed helps to lossen the phlegm.
I just came from the doctors with my 11 month old boy and was told that he has tonsillitis and streep throat. The doctor gave me a precription for amoxicillin and told me that he absolutly needed it. I really don't want to give him an antibiotic. Is there anything else I can do or should I give it to him? THanks for all your help.
I was wondering if mastitis will change the color of the milk. Currently my breast seems swollen, very painful and the milk is very yellow. The other side seems normal and the milk is white. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
I don't believe it is reflux because he shows no other signs of having that issue and teething could be a possibility, but with the last 6 teeth he has got he complains during the day as well. I think the issue is that he has got so efficient in nursing that when he is done eating he has not had enough time to fall asleep. He always falls asleep nursing and now that he isn't he just freaks out. I'm hoping he is just overtired and that putting him to bed earlier will help....
That is a very good possibility, I'll try to put him down for the night earlier tomorrow night.