or Connect

Posts by goldenapple

I considered this, but he's never had a yeast infection before and nothing in his diet has changed, he doesn't have sugar and has a only about 1 oz of juice (mixed in water) per day, he hasn't been on antibiotics lately and from what I've heard yeast rashes often cover the entire genital area and also the anus? This is only affecting the tip. 
Don't give up! I started EC with my boy when he was three weeks and around 5 months he started having "potty strikes" (crying when offered the potty, and peeing or pooping right after putting the diaper back on.) This actually went on for months, I had almost given up, but then out of the blue he started getting into it. By 13 months he was almost exclusively pooping in the toilet, dry all night by 18 months, and in cotton undies by 2. So don't worry if they resist, be...
Hi Mama's,   I haven't had the best luck with my son's pediatrician so I wanted to ask for the advise and guidance of the real "experts" ;)   He son just turned two, he is intact. I was out of town for a week and when I arrived home hubby told me our son's penis was "red" and he had been saying it hurt. My hubby put a general purpose healing salve and said it seemed better. When I checked his penis this am I notice there was a very large piece of loose skin near...
Go for it Mama! I weaned DS at 13 months, then slowly transitioned him to a futon on the floor in our room, to a futon on the floor in his room, then straight to a twin bed with no bed rails. Put him in the twin-bed (raised off the floor) at about 19 months and he has not fallen out. I was a little worried he would, so I took precautions for the first few months (we had a crib mattress we stored under the bed during the day, and pulled out at night in case he fell out)....
Quote: Originally Posted by handsandfeet DS likes to have his butt pat vigorously when he's laying on his tummy in the crib. The mattress has a little give, so it bounces him to sleep as I pat his butt. Ha! That is so cute! I'll definitely try it. There've been a few times when I've been able to get him to sleep while lying down with him and cradling his but while I bounce it vigorously, but I never thought of a way to do it without being on me....
Thanks for your responses. Co-sleeping isn't that comfortable for me and DH and we do it because it's the easiest way to breastfeed and also the healthiest / safest for an infant, but the older DS gets the more motivated I am to get him in his own bed. I just assumed that night-weaning and sleeping solo would go hand in hand, thanks for suggesting to do them separately. I had intended to nurse longer but my milk is drying up and this is creating frustration and tears for...
I'm gradually weening my one year old son. We have almost completely eliminated day time nursing (except for the occasional melt-down or illness, etc). We can get him to take naps by taking him on walks in a carrier or stroller or drives in the care. Occasionally, family members and friends have been able to rock him to sleep. But since I'm the mama, I've only been successful getting him to sleep by nursing. We co-sleep at night and I've been working on getting him into...
I have a 6 mo baby and we cosleep in a queen. Bought a mini co-sleeper because dh was worried about being squished but I didn't like using it. It started ut at the side of the bed but we moved it bec it made getting in and out of the bed too difficult (i had a cesearian birth). Moved it to the foot of the bed, hated that too because it was sooo hard to get out of bed and pick him up (he was a big 9 pounder). It is soooo much easier to sleep next to baby, we can nurse...
Quote: Originally Posted by EzzysMom That sounds like a ton of food for such a small baby though, my DD didn't get 3 meals until near a year. Breastmilk is more dense than those vegetables, it may be filling him up without the calories I thought so too, but my doc said you can't feed a baby too much, as long as you're not forcing the food. I forgot to mention that I don't nurse any less since we added food. I've just been slowly increasing the...
Quote: Originally Posted by hollytheteacher How often is he nursing during the day? You say he eats pureed solids so I am wondering if he is not getting enough calories? At 6 mo. he should be getting lots and lots of mama milk throughout the day and if he isn't getting as much as he needs he will look for it all night . I would cut out the purees. Really he doesn't "need" it. Actually I started him on purees that early at the advice of our...